Still on the Journey

bakerr
bakerr Member Posts: 23
Well its a while since I posted, last November when I was diagnosed with HER 2 positive BC I was surprised to find out how many different Breast cancers exist. I suppose I have just followed what the doctors have suggested, but have always felt that it was my choice in what treatment I undertake. Because the cancer was already in the lymph system I started with Chemo, Hercepton and Perjeta. 6 rounds of chemo and I made it through, though I still have the other drugs till December. Waiting for surgery, deciding what to do was the toughest call. My female surgeon gave me the choice, take the front off the boob and all the lymph glands under the arm, wait for the results and see if I need more surgery. Its been 9 annoying days, but tomorrow is D Day, of course I could have just opted to have the breast off, but I wanted the choice. It's strange that the breast is not really sore but the drain under the arm is very annoying, I keep forgetting it and it gets stuck on the furniture lol.
So whatever happens tomorrow, it's just a part of God's journey, and this is a hiccup on the way.

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Good luck with your decision, I hope you sleep well tonight. Let us know how you get on. Onwards and upwards. K xox
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Best of luck for tomorrow.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @bakerr good luck. The drains are gross. Id hung one on the taps when I was having a shower then forgot about it and just (tried) to walk away. Squealing, gagging and tethered to the tiles. Yuk. Let's hope the news is good and you are on the road to recovery. Mxx
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    All the best with the next step @bakerr. Thoughts and prayers with you today.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good luck @bakerr
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Thinking of you @bakerr.  Let us know how you go. Big hug.  Margie.xx   
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    edited July 2018
    Good luck @bakker  hope it all goes well
    xxx
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hi @bakerr, yes, the drains can be very irritating. Mine caught a few times,  then on the 7th night lost its vacuum, and fell in the morning while I was sitting on the edge of the bed.
    Hope your results were good
    Take care
  • bakerr
    bakerr Member Posts: 23
    Thank you for all your prayers, hugs and kind thoughts, the drugs and chemo have had such a good result that they could not find any cancer in the area they removed just a rough area where it had been. They took out 22 lymph glands and could only find where the cancer had been in one of them. I am so glad my surgeon is progressive. I am really pleased with the neo adjuvent treatment, that gives the drugs before surgery.  I still need radiation to the chest area where some cancer showed up on the PET scan.  It will be interesting to see what the radiologist thinks I need done.
    The most interesting thing about this targeted treatment is that you really know if the drugs are working against the cancer.
    I am hoping to get rid of the Drain this weekend, but that's a small price to pay.
    So onto the next step. xxxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What lovely words to hear, 'they couldn't find any cancer'. I hope everything else gets mopped up thoroughly & swiftly. Well done you! K xox
  • nikov
    nikov Member Posts: 81
    Hey @bakerr really hoping things go well for you today. Microinavsive DCIS HER2+ and finished my Herceptin March this year. No cancer found in the lymph nodes but still did Chemo and Radiotherapy. Sending you lots of love and well wishes xo

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    All the best with your ongoing treatment, @bakerr .... you've done the hard yards - let's kick this sucker's butt xxxx 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    That's great to hear, bakerr. 
    Rest recover and heal for a few weeks now, before radiotherapy begins. 
    Take care