Insight on SBS - exercise

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited July 2018 in Health and wellbeing
I watched the second part of the exercise Insight programme on SBS last night.  I have seen it before (it was a repeat) but amazing how differently I viewed it this time.  The first time I saw it, I was interested - this time I watched it as a survivor.
Tagged:

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @Sister I saw it for the first time and was mightily impressed
  • Mischa
    Mischa Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi
    I am finally getting my energy back after chemo/surgery/radiotherapy finished 3 months ago (still on herceptin till October). I have kept walking during the whole time - it often didn't make me feel better though I kept going as the research studies are so strongly positive about the benefits of exercise for cancer survivors.
    However, going to a gym is really not my thing!
    I would like to share a great site from Johns Hopkins that has a number of exercise videos for breast cancer survivors that I can do at home very easily. They are 15-20 min each (you could do one after another but I'm not there yet!). The instructor goes through different variations so they work for all levels of fitness. They cover cardio/strength/core/yoga and chair exercises -- which is the right mix of what is recommended for us. Add in a walk a week and I am achieving the target of 3 hours of exercise a week.

Here is the link:
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/kimmel_cancer_center/centers/breast_cancer_program/treatment_and_services/exercise_and_breast_cancer.html

• Jen79x
    Jen79x Member Posts: 125
    Options
    @Sister is that the exercise pill on sbs ? I must watch it !
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    That's the one!
  • Jen001
    Jen001 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.  I've been doing lots of power walking, but as the weather in Melbourne is miserable, I'll start with the first video in the morning!  Thank you again!!!