Inspiration for the week

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    And treading water is ok too !
  • [Deleted User]
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @arpie I've copied that and printed it out to leave on the wall at the shack for my mother-in-law to find next time she goes down - it will delight her!  It's right on the dunes and where she grew up so the beach and sea has special meaning to her and it will be so nice to give her something back.  And I should say, it delights me, too!
  • arpie
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Exact  @iserbrown! Well said. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • arpie

ENCOURAGEMENT - I think this sums up BCNA quite nicely: 

One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. 

When someone encourages you, that person helps you over a threshold you might otherwise never have crossed on your own. 

There are times of great uncertainty in every life. Left alone at such a time, you feel dishevelment and confusion. 

When a friend comes with words of encouragement, a light and lightness visit you and you begin to find the stairs and the door out of the dark. 

The sense of encouragement you feel from the friend is not simply her words or gestures; it is rather her whole presence enfolding you and helping you find the concealed door. 

The encouraging presence manages to understand you and put herself in your shoes. 

There is no judgment but words of relief and release.

John O'Donohue
    Excerpt from ETERNAL ECHOES