Biopsy

Auntieshell78
Auntieshell78 Member Posts: 11
edited June 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Had my Biopsy today. I was sad that it wasnt a fluid filled cyst, it didnt deflate with the needle , was really hoping it was. They took 5 samples. The local and procedure didnt hurt at all, I was surprised and relieved as I have had so many biopsies of my gynae bits and they are horrendous.  Its starting to  really hurt now Im home. Now the waiting game begins..... trying to distract myself but its hard insnt it. 48 hrs for the result. 
Thanks for listening xxx

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited June 2018
    OK .... now that's done @Auntieshell78

Yep - I found i 'ached more' than was 'sore' after the core  biopsies!  I had 2.  They bruised incredibly tho!

..... it is  now just 'the wait' - and it can mess with your mind a bit .... we've all been there.  

I go thru all my 'waits' by doing what I love the most, as often as I could!

My uke group had disbanded over Xmas/New Year - so I went fishing every day instead - to take my mind totally off 'the waits' - as I had convinced myself that they were just cysts anyway - so wasn't overly anxious!!

Try & keep as busy as you can over the next 48hrs .... and good luck for the results.  We'll all  be thinking of you xxx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Hi @Auntieshell78 - yep, the waiting is the absolutely worst part - it's so hard to distract yourself and think of something else - especially at night when you're left with nothing but your thoughts.

It was the January school holidays when I was waiting for all my results so to some extent I was running around trying to keep a 12 year old occupied. Funny story - I took him and a friend to an exhibition about the Titanic. Part of it involved a very realistic replica of  parts of the ship, and my Breast Surgeon called me with the news that I had to have biopsies on 'suspicious' areas shown in my ultrasound, right when I was literally standing on 'a sinking ship'! :smile: Sometimes you just have to laugh, right?

In any case, I found that burying myself in research was what was the right thing for me to keep my mind occupied - that's not the solution for everyone of course, but for me it was a way to gaining knowledge and being more informed. Apart from that, I binged on Netflix and to be honest, on the nights that my mind really took over in bed, I took a temazepam and sank into oblivion! 

Wishing the time passes quickly for you xxxxx 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Auntieshell78
    It must be a relief to have the biopsy over and done with.  The hardest part as our online members have said is the waiting.  Look after yourself, be kind to you.  Do what ever helps you to take your mind off things.  Make sure you take someone with you when you go back for your results, it does help to have someone there.  All the best
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Night-time is the hardest - have you got something to help you sleep?
  • Auntieshell78
    Thanks everyone. Hasnt been too bad today. Just been napping and feeling guilty about all the jobs i should have done. Im not a great sleeper anyway and I dont have anything to take except my remedy and some meditation which helps. I just am time wasting till wed.... thanks for all the great advice and care. Xx

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Good luck @Auntieshell78 lucky your biopsy didn't hurt at the time ! Mine did ,lots of bruising . Have you got some icepacks to put on it? ,I found that helped .

Best wishes for your results ,I had to wait over a long weekend (that sucked) ,once you have a plan you will start to feel better (as weird as that sounds!) Don't feel guilty !! Ever !!!
    We're all here for you ,just ask us anything ,have a whinge or a cry , we've done it all before 
    Hugs xx
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hi @Auntieshell78  What a shame you have to be on this forum, but a great place to meet everyone who has been through or going through what you are.  I wish you well with your results.  I found the waiting the worst bit and like so many here and it is hard not to over think everything.   Let us know how you go with everything. Big hug xox
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Got all my fingers crossed for you love. The waiting is the pits isn’t it. Try and keep busy get out and get some exercise if you can and watch some movies or trash tv to pass the time. Please let us know how you go. Biggest hug. Margie. Xx 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Thinking of you - best wishes 
  • Auntieshell78
    Thanks so much for everyone's wishes. I received my results today and so now of course I have more questions. They didnt find any malignancy on my punch biopsies although they are still sending me to a surgeon because of the mass rapid growth. So they are saying its not a fibroadenoma but query a phyllodes tumour and cannot rule out malignancy until i have it removed and tested. Any advice or stories similiar. With love and thanks xx