Anyone interested in doing a podcast with us?

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    I started Mammograms under the age of 40 and they certainly were not free lol. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    I started having mammograms at 40 @ breastscreen & they never cost me anything as far as I can recall . Wonder why the difference ??
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Sorry I should have clarified I wasn't through Breast Screen, my GP sent me to Freemasons when I first started my Mammos, so was private. I was in my 30's so over 12 years ago, I don't recall why that was. 
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    I fit the category though not the age! I'm 53. I was diagnosed through breastscreen, sent to St Vincents in Melbourne for the recall. Didn't take my husband cos i thought it would be just routine, came out after having umpteen mammos, two ultrasounds, two clinical exams by 2 doctors, two core biopsies and left the place shattered. No counsellor...you were lucky @iserbrown. Found out 5 days later through the doc at breastscreen.  Turned out later that my surgeon knew her well and worked with her. Fortunately already had a breast surgeon referred to us through my husbands urologist. Not a day i want to repeat.
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    My diagnosis was through breastscreen Victoria. I was 41 at diagnosis. I was advised to have screening every 2 years after 40 due to family history. I didn’t have a lump or any symptoms when I went for my routine mammogram through breastscreen. I’m happy to help
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,530
    ?  Did anyone from this forum get accepted for this Podcast?
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you for your interest in helping us with our podcast. Sorry about the late notification but I have done the classic writing of the post but not hitting send! The lovely @kmakm will be helping us with this. I have taken the details of those of you who have offered in case we have further media enquiries as we are regularly receiving requests.
    Please let me know if you would like to be involved in any media or other publicity. We are particularly interested in stories regarding our advocacy priorities for this year and Field of Women (if you've previously participated or if you've got a great story about your plans for this year).
  • iserbrown
    @kmakm

Enjoy!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @iserbrown Nervous!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Way to go @kmakm
  • kmakm
    Thanks for saying that @Sister. Let's hope I don't muff it!
  • iserbrown
    You'll be fine! Just be yourself and treat it like you're nattering with one of us.
    Tomorrow i'll be thinking of you as I have my mammogram. Isn't that where it all started!
    Take care 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Will you post a link to the podcast for us to listen to, @Marianne_BCNA?
  • kmakm
    Thanks @iserbrown. It was indeed where it all started for me.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You'll be great @kmakm