I just wanted to share

Spirit-Harmony
Spirit-Harmony Member Posts: 47
Good Morning lovely ladies.. I hope you don't mind but I remembered a poem my Dad (passed) wrote many many years ago, he used to write a lot of little poems about life... well this one I found again after my recent diagnosis. and thought you all might like to read and have a little giggle.. Just on me I go up to Wollongong on Thursday to meet the Medical Oncologist and find out everything that is coming next... hoping you all had a good a weekend. much love x  

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Awesome @Spirit-Harmony :D
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    This is gorgeous @Spirit-Harmony and how amazing that you should find it now, just when you need it most! 

Thanks for sharing and all the best for your appointment on Thursday. Please let us know how you go. 

Xxxxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I love it! It should be widely published imho! K xox
  • Spirit-Harmony

Eastmum said:

This is gorgeous @Spirit-Harmony and how amazing that you should find it now, just when you need it most! 

Thanks for sharing and all the best for your appointment on Thursday. Please let us know how you go. 

Xxxxxx

Thank you @Eastmum, I will xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,519
    Awesome @Spirit-Harmony

It looks like your Dad had an amazing sense of humour!!  How lucky that you still have his 'musings'!

All the best with your meeting with the Onc on Thurs  xx
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    That's so lovely!!!  Good luck with your meeting :smile:
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,539
    @Spirit-Harmony

Hi!  Loved reading the poem even though I still curse the fella that came up with a squasher like that - had my follow up mammogram yesterday ready for review 

How did you go with your trip to Wollongong to meet the Medical Oncologist?  I assume from your post the Thursday was yesterday!

Take care
  • Spirit-Harmony
    hi iserbrown thank you I love the poem as well... I hope you review is the best possible outcome  <3.. The medical oncologist was really nice... He has put me on Femara to start in 2 weeks, and Venlafaxine, hopefully to make the menopause symptoms bearable also Vitamin D.. Blood test today, and Bone Density scan next week.. 
    Take care  <3  
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,539
    Good to hear!  Remember it sometimes take time for the body to adjust to new medications, some of us get the odd side effect, some get the full gamut and others are fortunate enough to sail through without anything noticeably different - so here's hoping you are one of the lucky ones!

Take care
  • Spirit-Harmony
    edited June 2018
    Thank you, next appointment the radiation oncologist x