Immunity Boosters

13»

Comments

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Arpie, thanks for your reply. The doctor suggested Bloods but I had then done beginning of last week. I wanted to see how my body had recovered after chemo ended in Feb and rads end of April. Iron was a bit down so I'm taking 1fefol a day to see if it comes up and test it out in a month. He wanted to send me to a gastro man but I did the bowel scan test a few weeks ago and all ok. I also had the blood done to see how my cholesterol (high) vit D (zilch) had changed since the blood test a month before when I started the Letrozole. Cholesterol moving down (I went a bit organic for that) and my 2 a day Vit D had risen and I only need 1 a day. Luckily the foot is not interfering with my rock n rolling. Thanks for the Vit info.  I'm addicted to the sachet porridge. Much nicer than I can make it. 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    KiwiAngel it's funny how memories can be similar. My mum made porridge and we put so much sugar on, it melted and made a moat which we used to spoon up with the porridge. The thought makes me gag now lol 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    The sachet porridge is yum. Especially Carman's. I opted for that in the early weeks but now do the quick oats in the microwave with my tasty, healthy additions. My childhood too was around the stove on winter mornings with porridge and brown sugar. No sugar any more these days!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I do the Quick Oats in the microwave - home brand is usually only around $1 a bag.  And because I try to start the day being good, I sweeten it with a spoonful of dried cranberries (I put them in before I heat it so they soak up the liquid).  Bonus info from the dietitian yesterday - that's one of my serves of fruit - yayyy!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Blondy - me too - so not a sugar person now. @Flaneuse and @Sister. I like the Carmen’s sachets too and normally out some fruit and goji berries in them.