Good for the soul!

lgray3911
lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
So was sitting at Salsa (my favourite restaurant in Port Douglas) on Mother’s Day with my family and kept catching the eye of this woman across the room. I was racking my brain trying to think where I knew her from but couldn’t place her. Thankfully this gorgeous woman walked over and introduced herself as @Kat09 from this network. She was up in PD on hols with her lovely husband Brad. We had a quick chat and a cuddle and arranged to meet up later in the week. We decided to meet for a wine on Sunday. That wine turned into several bottles as my husband and I gate crashed their dinner booking. We talked like we had been friends for years. It was surreal to think that this “stranger” knew more about my darkest moments from what I have put on here than my husband who was sitting beside me. This forum allowed me to protect him somewhat so he could keep the rest of our lives going!! Anyway to cut a LONG story short we had a fabulous night! Was so refreshing to speak to someone face to face who gets it. So if any of you do live near each other make the effort to connect! As I said in the title it was good for the soul! @Kat09 you are amazing and am so glad I met you. A couple of pics from the end of the night! A nice one and a fuck you cancer one!! Xx 

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Love it! What a cheery post. And Port Douglas too, how lovely. You both look gorgeous. K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    How wonderful. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    How amazing that you caught up!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    That’s great  :)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Well done you two!!   GO GIRLS!!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Just lovely girls ! 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    That's just fab to make contact, in an unexpected way, with someone you have shared a major event with!  Excellent! 
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    We did have an awsome night and @lgray3911 you're right when you say it felt like we'd been friends for years, I'm certain we will be. So glad that we made the effort to catch up x