TNBC. Seven years on after a recurrence and all good. Happy Day.

mum2jj
mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
Hi ladies for those of you who are worried after a Triple negative diagnosis and really for anyone diagnosed with this shitty disease, there is hope. Today I saw my surgeon 7 years after my second diagnosis (almost 9 after first with a positive lymph node). She’s really happy and doesn’t want to see me for another year. Happy Days and love and hugs to you all espescially those who are newly diagnosed, or those whose results aren't as good as mine. 
Today is a thumbs up day for me. 

Comments

• smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Great news mum2jj gives all us triple negative ladies  a glimmer of hope and can feel more positive  about the future .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Beautiful Paula! SO good to hear. Congratulations!  :*:*:*  Kate xox
  • RachelG
    RachelG Member Posts: 50
    Fantastic news and some hope for us TNBC ladies x
  • Jen001
    Jen001 Member Posts: 31
    Even though there is so much negative stigma around TNBC, there are far more long term survival stories like yours mum2jj than the opposite.   Thank you for keeping us TN's feeling positive!!!   
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Congratulations.  Xx
  • mum2jj
    Thanks girls. Every year out from that dreaded diagnosis feels better. 
    Off to a Royal Wedding party tonight. 
    Might just have a little drink to celebrate. 
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Me too, on both counts!
  • Dimples
    Dimples Member Posts: 7
    Woop woop  Happy dance time :) Great news ! 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    And the best news.xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Go Paula!!!! woohoo!!! xoxo
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    woo hoo girl go you congratulations 
    xxx

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    @mum2jj hi there. I had TNBC May 2016  aged 43 no lymph nodes involved and scans clear. 8 rounds of chemo no rads as I had the double. Did you get TNBC twice ?? In the same boob or other side ?? Have you had mastectomies ?? I’m just curious.  But so glad you’re doing so well it’s very reassuring. Big hug. Margie. X
  • mum2jj
    edited May 2018
    @onemargie, thanks for the hug, yes I got TNBC twice in same breast. First time 2.7 mm I had one pos node. I had lumpectomy chemo and rads. 6months after all treatment completed and a clear mammogram I found another lump 3cm aggressive about 2cm away from original site. It was very scary at the time as Drs thought it could have spread but after bone scans and cat scans was all good. I went on to have a mastectomy, more chemo Yay not! About two years later at time of TRAM flap reconstruction I had my other breast removed. I chose to remove healthy breast as both my cancers were 3cm and both very soon after clear mammograms. Apparently my breasts didn’t image well. Anyway 7 years in after two TNBC diagnosis I’m still here. 
    Hugs back,
    Xxxxx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Holy fuckin shit love so glad I trusted my guts and took both boobs off! That’s an amazing what you’ve been through love. Scarey as shit I bet but you give all the TNBC crew inspiration and hope. I had stage 2a grade 3 (3 cm tumor) . Well done love. Thanks for sharing.  I really appreciate it Big hug Margie xx