Welcome!

BCNA
BCNA Administrator Posts: 7
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Hi everyone and welcome to the new online Network. We hope you enjoy it now that you’ve created an account -- it's a great first step but there's much more you can do.

First, please make sure you have read the Network Terms of Use and Posting guidelines.

Then, here’s some suggestions for what to do next:

1. Complete your profile so others can find you and connect
  2. Visit the BCNA blog regularly so you can stay up-to-date with the latest activity
  3. Start a blog of your own
  4. Check out what people in your network are doing
  5. Start up or join a group to find others who share your interests or experiences.

If you get stuck, or need some help, then click on the 'help' or 'q&a' links at the top right of the network page.

Please remember that by registering to participate in this network, you agree not to post anything that is deliberately misleading, discriminatory, abusive, obscene or illegal. BCNA reserves the right to remove, move or close any post or user content for any reason.

We also recommend parental guidance for users under the age of 18. Our experience tells us that young people benefit from family discussion of the issues around breast cancer, so if you have a parent who has been diagnosed with breast cancer you should talk to them.

In addition, the network is for personal and/or private use. It must not be used for commercial or promotional activities.

One last thing: Our site is currently in a testing stage, so there are some features we’re still working on. We hope to have most things up and running for the public launch, but we’d really like to know how things are working for you, so please feel free to leave a comment here once you've had a chance to look around.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Hi Marls,

Thanks -- that's good feedback. We're still trying to find the best structure for the profile page, including the right balance between too many questions for people to fill in and giving you a way to provide the information you think is relevant.

Daina or I might talk to you a bit more by email so we can discuss in more detail.
  • marls40
    marls40 Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    look forward to discussing it in detail
  • Ann Barry
    Ann Barry Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Just spent over an hour checking it out. Have sent 18 messages to ladies I made contact with at the Summitt, so hopefully get replies from all emails.
    I think the site is great and will be looking at it on a regular basis. Thankyou to all concerned with getting this page up and running.
  • Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Hi Chatham, welcome!

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. :)
  • Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Hi Evie -- welcome! Glad to hear you're finding the site user-friendly. Let us know how the 'share this' feature works for you. :)
  • Ava Wine
    Ava Wine Member Posts: 8
    Hi there,
    I really would like to join the breast reconstruction group but the page it leads me to doesn't seem to be right?  I've tried so many times I'm close to giving up but if you can help me out I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hi @Ava Wine

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/1-choosing-breast-reconstruction  see if this link works.  Right down the bottom of the page is "join this group"  If not maybe @SoldierCrab can help.

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Oopps sorry the join button is at the top
  • Ava Wine
    Ava Wine Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your reply kezmusc, but I can't see a join button.

When i click at the bottom it takes me to a page that doesn't seem to be right either.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Ava Wine, 
    I have just sent you a request to join the breast reconstruction group.
    Let me know if you continue to have problems.