Different types of cancer

Patti J
Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
edited April 2018 in General discussion
Just recently, when out shopping, I   have spoken to two women with cancer. One woman was at Myer. She was bald and had bladder cancer. She is undergoing constant infusions of chemotherapy at home. She looks well and is getting on with her life.
I have just now spoken to a lady, when buying ribbon to make my own metastatic breast cancer ribbons,  who also had bladder cancer a number of years ago,  and now has ovarian cancer. According to statistics, she is very lucky to be alive.
Cancer, in all of  its forms, affects everyone. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    It sure does Patti!  In my family alone, I've had an Aunt die from breast cancer, another from lung cancer, another from bowel cancer and my Grandmother had bowel cancer (I think).  Plus me with breast cancer.  Oh, and an Aunt on the other side of my family just recently passed from cancer as well!  
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    It does, which makes me all the more aware of how lucky we are to have this great network of support. So many other cancers have nothing like this.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Unfortunately we all know someone who is fighting cancer in varying ways.  At home here (my town) there has been two recently with Pancreatic Cancer...........far out!  My Mum had bladder and lung cancer, her brother had Esophageal cancer, my mother-in-law had Ovarian cancer years ago and then it came back as bowel cancer and then progressed into the liver, an Aunt had Breast Cancer, fought it, initially ignored it when it returned and then it was too late .................it gives me the shudders when I think about it

At least we have the forum to share and receive wise counsel when we are at a low ebb.............

Thank you to all that contribute
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    We are incredibly lucky to have this forum.  Unfortunately, I'm aware that there are women who refuse to access it because they're so scared of the bc that they don't want to have anything to do with it, not realising just how much support there is here.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Sister I was one of those women for the first two months...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm much too nosy...I  stalked for a few days before speaking up. I'm glad you came online.
  • kmakm
    edited April 2018
    @Sister   :*
  • kmakm
    Well you're here now @Faerygirl. Unleash the hounds!!
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Just reading all your posts about having lots of relatives with cancer and it started me thinking
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Started me thinking that I have so many family members who have died of cancer. Perhaps we have a genetic predisposition to develop cancer? None of my husband’s family have had cancer( bar 1 aunt) and his 92 yr old father is fit and healthy- never been to hospital despite drinking,smoking and eating rubbish most of his life.
    just pondering.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @melclarity has written some poetry

From memory there's poetry ......

This is another unfinished draft