Support groups??

jane84
jane84 Member Posts: 63
edited April 2018 in General discussion
Hi guys! So on the back of my discussion last week about losing friends after a diagnosis I wanted to find out if there are any support group meet ups in Brisbane ?? I'd love to connect with some women who have gone through or are going through BC :) Jane 
Tagged:

Comments

• Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Hi @Jane84 I did a quick search on the BCNA website for a support group. Please see link below for further information
    https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/support-groups/pink-divas-breast-cancer-support-group-ipswich-and-west-moreton/  The Cancer Council QLD may also be able to assist with support groups closer to you. Please call 13 11 20 for assistance.
  • jane84
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Here.’s another one@Jane84

Metro North Breast Cancer Support Group

The Metro North Breast Cancer Support Group is for women and men who have experienced breast cancer in the Brisbane Northside area. The group is supported by BreastScreen Queensland Brisbane Northside Service, the Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) and community volunteers.

You can join the group for an afternoon tea, to share concerns, meet new friends, and learn from each other as well as guest speakers.
    Meets: 3rd Wednesday of the month
    Time: 1.00pm-3.00pm (afternoon refreshments provided)
    Location: Chermside Community Health Centre, 490 Hamilton Road, Chermside (parking available onsite)

I gather Mater hospital might be worth asking too.
  • Romla
    Even if th one above is not suitable they may be able to point you in the direction of others closer to home or more focussed on your needs
  • jane84
    I'll definitely looking to it! Thankyou @Romla :)
  • Romla
    Sorry @jane84 here are the contacts for metro north

Doreen Orchard Ph: (07) 3049 1436  Email: Doreen.orchard@health.qld.gov.au
    Nadja Ibrahim Ph: (07) 3049 1411  Email: nadja.ibrahim@health.qld.gov.au
  • Dawnc
    Dawnc Member Posts: 31
    I have been making enquiries on south side of Brisbane for local support group but cant seem to find any. I live in Boronia Heights & have been receiving treatment at PA hospital since 2014. If there is no group other than Pink Divas at Booval/Ipswich maybe some ladies on this side of Brisbane might like to meet up so we can get a group at maybe Browns Plains. If anyone is interested you can pm me or email me dawnbrown1948@**** 
    thanks in advance ladies. Dawn