Newly Diagnosed

Comments

• shann
    shann Member Posts: 68
    Well that was an appointment from hell.  Saw the oncologist this morning and was told that I will never heal and nothing will be normal again in life ..... well I just may as well not be here like this cause I can't do anything or go anywhere with open wounds.  And seeing a physc is absolutely useless.  I have also stopped the tomoxifen as of today due to side affects.
    Not sure what I am going to do now but finances are now non existent so putting food into my body is hard as I don't have any and bills are just mounting up and rent is getting harder to pay let alone internet.  Not sure if you will here from me from now on.  So I wish everyone here the best of luck.   xx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @shann sending you a private message
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Oh @shann I am so sorry to hear that. Just dreadful news. I sincerely hope things improve on day soon. All the very best luck to you.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    So sorry to hear that. Please don't disappear from the network.
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    @shann you've had a rotten day . If the psych is rubbish you must keep your internet somehow. Here you can let out your frustrations worries and fears. Someone is listening and someone somewhere will understand. This network is fantastic and a great support. Sending you my best wishes and thinking of you. Hang in there. Keep in touch.
    Wishing you some good news . Hugs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @shann they were wrong when they said everything would be fine. Which means, technically, that they don't know shit from clay. Let's hope this 100% fail rate in the diagnostic stakes continues and they are now completely wrong about what will, or will not, happen next.

Our bodies can be remarkable, they can be diabolical. Sometimes just throwing you hands in the air and saying 'fuck it' is the best option. You stop stressing about the things you can't change and that, in itself, can be the tipping point which can help you shift that burden of expectation. Moving the load around even a tiny bit can make a huge difference.

That sounds very 'Pollyanna' and does nothing to help with the practicalities of keeping a roof over your head. It is utterly disgraceful that hundreds of thousands of dollars of public money can be spent slicing, dicing and poisoning us but when that process finishes and you are broken,  you are on your own.  Being thrown to the mercy of charities is demoralising and should not happen, but that is what those institutions exist for. As i know from personal experience. Take some advice from the people here who know the ropes and concentrate on plodding through the next couple of weeks. Good luck. Marg xxx
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    @shann Have you tried ringing the Cancer Council as they may be able to advise you of options available in your area to provide you with support? 
  • shann
    shann Member Posts: 68
    Hi all, haven't been on in a while. Went to a private breast guy on the Gold Coast a few weeks ago to get another opinion.  He suggest to have more surgery, clean it out and stitch on the outside this time.  He ran into my surgeon at Pindara Private and they had a discussion about me and what he recommended.  Then I saw my surgeon and he was not happy that I went somewhere else but also was happy that I got a second opinion (attitude showed different).  So on the 10 of April I went back under the knife again and he did what the private surgeon suggested.  Now I am home with about 30 stitches and pico pumps..  Fingers crossed this works this time.  He also said he will never operate on me again for this problem and reckons I will never find another surgeon that will in the world.  Testing on the tissue is being done but nothing has been able to grow infection wise as I still have not had an infection,  Also testing for anymore cancer in the tissues.  Still no clue as to why!!
    Thanks for listening again.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Wishing you all the best for this recovery ,hope it works for you 
    Fingers crossed for great things for you 
    hugs xx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Fingers crossed this works @Shann , you've really done it tough .  wishing you the very very best. Surely the surgeon understood you getting a second opinion. Take it easy and look after yourself. Sending biggest hugs xxxxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    He sounds like a complete twat. Hopefully a bit of peer review has smartened his act up.
    He has no idea what any other surgeon in the world will, or will not do. That's just trash talk, get rid of him
    Fingers crossed things work better this time. Xxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Completely unprofessional and needs to be reported. Any doctor should be open to a second opinion - they're not bloody gods, after all (although some seem to think they are). And saying that to you is absolutely beyond the pale.
    My thoughts are with you both for healing and for your financial situation.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Omg the EGO of that surgeon. Utter utter rubbish. Sack him. I 100% agree with @Sister, comprehensively unprofessional and totally reportable.

You get to be treated with care, consideration and kindness. You have every right to expect any doctor to do their best to heal you. For him to say something like that to you makes my blood boil.

Your determination, persistence and bravery is inspiring @Shann. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I agree. I truly hope it heals and quite frankly I wouldn't let him touch me again. Hope the money issues have improved. There are plenty  more public surgeons out there that  have more compassion in there  little finger than he does.