New to this website

Options
Sonim
Sonim Member Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in General discussion
Hi im a mum of 4 teenagers and just been diagnosed with pre cancer. Had a discharge for about 4 months and now found quiet a large mass.  jJust waiting for a double masectomy, the surgeons,  breast care nurses and everyone else have been a wonderful support team.  Never would of thought that i would get this but you can never say never.

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Welcome to the place most of us never thought we would be the one to need. Here you'll find a great bunch of women, & some wonderful men, ready to listen, offer support, and th3 benefit of their experiences.
    You've found this site. Have you ordered the My Journey kit?  It has a wealth of resources that you'll find useful over the coming months & years. Ask whatwver you need to. There's generally someone zround to answer
    Take care
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi Sonia. I'm sorry that you find yourself here. Never say never indeed. 1 in 8 women in this country get BC... I joined their ranks in December last year. This forum has been a wonderful support to me. It's very friendly and the knowledge of the hive mind is phenomenal! So fire away with questions, worries, rants, upsets, vents and the funny things that happen on the way.

I'm happy to hear you've got a good team with you.

I've got four kids too. How are yours taking the news?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Make sure you follow up quickly now you have found a lump. They may expediate your surgery. Contact your breast care nurse asap who will assist with  an urgent review. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hi Sonia,  Welcome to the site - you'll find it a headsaver.  I was diagnosed last December and it came out of the blue.  Tumour was bigger than could be seen and I went from partial to full mastectomy in January.  I have 3 kids tweens and teens.  I've been honest with them at every stage and have told them what I know (I steer clear of the 'whatifs') and they have been great at getting on board and helping with things.  Secrets have a way of seeming worse than the truth.  Good luck with it all and come back online for any support, rants, information, or general offloading.