Armpit pain after a week!

Londog
Londog Member Posts: 19
edited March 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Left mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy last week.  Was feeling great now home and the pain in my armpit today is cruel. 

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Poor luv, have you got some pain relief that works? Doing your exercises?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

Talk to your breast care nurse if you have one. If you think you have an infection get to your GP, or any GP or medical service, in the morning. As a cancer patient you will get preferential bookings which is one of the few up sides of BC. Not worth the trauma, but there you go.

Armpits are awkward things. There are critical nerve junctions in there and they are also a repository for all manner of fluids after any insult to the surrounding tissue. Take the pain meds if you have any to see you through the night. Get advice. Mxx

• Londog
    Thanks ladies.  I feel my body just wants it Gone!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Keep on top of your exercises - 3-4 times a day.  Don't overdo it 'cos that can also give you grief.  Take your painkillers as instructed.  Do keep an eye out for infection but otherwise just look after yourself.  When do you see your surgeon again - ask about cording and get on to it if you have it.  I still have numbness and discomfort nearly 3 months after surgery - nerves are numb and signals scrambled which may or may not sort itself out over time.
  • Londog
    @Sister.  It seems a bit better today.  Seeing the Surgeon today.  Hopefully it will come out.  Then to start worrying about staple removal.  Sigh!