My first day

Kirsten_BCNA
Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57
edited March 2018 in General discussion
Hi everyone

I have been entering our Camberwell office for 12 years now but today has been a whole new experience. Being appointed CEO of Breast Cancer Network Australia is an enormous honour and one that i do not take lightly. When I pulled the door open - I took a big breathe and said - you got this KP!

The day I arrived in Feb 2006 we had our State Reps meeting. I walked in to the Bakers Delight Pull Apart room and met these incredibly poised and brilliant women. They had my passion and commitment at Hello!

In my time here I have led the Fundraising team, had two children, conducted the State of the Nation project and most recently led our Programs and Services team. So I do feel that I am ready for this massive but very exciting step to lead the organisation.

What is so important to me is that we meet the needs of you - our members. We will do this by speaking out on your behalf and providing services that deliver quality information and support.  

So much has changed since I began in 2006, but one thing remains - we are here to give a voice to the voiceless and make sure everyone's experience is the best it can be.

I am looking forward to travelling with our Information Forums around the country and meeting as many of you as possible. I am also thrilled that this year we will host the Plan B conference and the Field of Women.

Hearing from you is really important so please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any concerns. I would also love to hear about things we can celebrate!

KP
Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Congrats, good luck and best wishes!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Well woo hoo!  
    I felt so comfortable with your address to us at the Ballarat forum but little did I realise that I was perhaps listening to the new CEO of BCNA!  
    Congratulations and here's to many more successes including the campaign to have ribociclib and palbociclib subsidised in Australia

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Congratulations @Kirsten_BCNA
    I remember you from the State of the Nation forum here in Canberra. Your passion to improve things in the lives of those touched by breast cancef shone through, as did your compassion. 
    Hopefully will get to meet you at a forum sometime
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Congrats, good luck!  Let's celebrate today, today is a good day to celebrate! :) 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Welcome hope we can be of assistance.lol
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Welcome, nice to 'meet' you
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Congratulations KP .... will be happy to work with you 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Congratulations and welcome. I had the priveledge of attending a state of tbe nation and the bcna conference last year. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327

Congratulations. 

Paula :)

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Congratulations!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Well done love. It’s a big job but we know you can do it. Big hug. Margie. X
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Congratulations Kirsten, and best wishes from jennyss
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Congratulations to you Kirsten
  • BarbieAnne
    BarbieAnne Member Posts: 174
    Congratulations and best wishes on your new appointment