Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Tumor in the eye.

Hi all. I was diagnosed with breast cancer March 2016. Finished treatment Nov 2016. Hormone positive so take tamoxifen. Was not in lymph nodes. So had positive feedback. Now blurred vision in my eye has been diagnosed as a tumor. Has anyone else has this? Pet scan will be next to see if any others. The terrible pain of waiting. Again life is on hold. 
V
Tagged:

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Is it possible this is a new unfortunate primary cancer unrelated to breast cancer or treatment or is this all to be determined? 

I hope you know more soon. It must be extremely distressing. Please let us know how things go. X
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I can't provide any advice on this just wishing you strength and calm as far as is humanly possible. 
  • nessieanne
    nessieanne Member Posts: 26
    Hi Primek, It may be a new primary cancer. The drs are going to discuss the case. A biopsy has it's own issues but may be considered. I suppose if pet scan is good then it could be more likely to be a new cancer. V
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    So sorry to hear this @nessieanne. Hang in there.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Wishing you strength .
    Hope you have good support around you, too
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Best wishes from jennyss from Western NSW
  • kmakm
    How are you going @nessieanne?
  • nessieanne
    nessieanne Member Posts: 26
    Hi Kmakm
    My news is not good. My pet scan revealed tumors at the top of my lungs and spots on my liver. 
    I still feel well.
    So now waiting on a biposy to determine what type of cancer this is or has my blasted breast cancer just changed to still grown even though I take tamoxifen. 
    I am a fighter so will tackle this head on.
    Radiation for my eye should assist with saving my vision.
    V
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    hello @nessieanne
    Sending you a private message
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Nothing I can say can help you. But know we are here and thinking of you and sending energy to fight. 
  • kmakm
    Bugger @nessieanne. That sucks arse. Good on you for that spirit. Hang in there. K xox
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Hi nessieanne ..big huggs my dear
    ..its difficult  at first with this crazy diagnosis 
    Lots of us here are coping well and stable after starting therapy
    Consider counselling sooner rather that later if you feel everything has become too much

Bright in hope
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Big hugs @nessieanne

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    and hugs from me, @nessieanne
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oh, @nessieanne I am so sorry to hear that. What a crappy state of affairs.  Good luck, and fingers crossed you get on top of all this. Mxx