Nighttime naughty knitting.

AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 942
edited March 2018 in Creative Corner
Decided I needed a beanie with "attitude" for the coming colder weather. Only about a third finished,,,who can guess what it will say?
Tagged:

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Not a truer word said!

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I reckon you could flog those!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Are you taking orders? Because if you are, sign me up!
  • AllyJay
    Nah...I don't knit for $$$. Each beanie takes about ten hours to knit, about two more for colourwork. Do I take orders....no, not even from my husband, and I've had him for 38 years!!! Joking....about taking orders. However, if there is someone who really would like one, I will knit it for them, with a free cuddle in every stitch. No stampedes please...I'll commit to two as I have plenty of other knitting on the go.
  • Sister
    I would love one but I've scored some freebies on a couple of occasions now so I should step back and let someone else have a go (but if no-one stampedes, yes please)
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Awesome @AllyJay.
  • kmakm
    edited March 2018
    I would like to put my hand up for one. Cancer has had six bites at my family and taken three. I would wear the beanie with vigour. Hope that's OK @AllyJay.
  • AllyJay
    Hi there @kmakm , one coming up especially for you. Do you have a relatively small, medium, or large noggin? Also do you have a colour choice. I have a variety of yarns in my stash, but will be at the shops later today, so if I don't have, I can get any others. I would suggest  just saying neutral with black writing, or pastel with white writing or in yer face primary colour with black writing. The one I'm busy with is fuschia pink and matches my personality.
  • Sister
    I reckon @kmakm is an in yer face type!  Am I right?
  • kmakm
    Oh thank you so much @AllyJay! I have a large noggin, the extra size not so much in the circumference (big enough) but in the depth, as in the distance from the top of my head to my ears! I can PM some measurements if you'd like.

Yes, @sister is right, I am a bit of an in yer face type but I think the message is full on enough. What about black writing on a soft warm light brown/stone colour? Trying not to say beige! Or would white on black work? I am a Melbourne girl after all...
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Holy shit @AllyJay thst looks soo fucking cool I love it!!  Well done. I would of worn one for sure lol. You could expand and do scarves! Not that you have time but I think it’s a great idea well done love. You’re a bloody legend lol Margie. Xx
  • AllyJay
    Hi again @kmakm , measurements would be good..thanks. Black on neutral stone would work well, but white on black runs the risk of colour bleeding. If, however you would like the white on black, I can do so for you. @onemargie , thanks for the enthusiastic feedback, but  scarves are the bane of my life...row after row after row, and the fiddlesticky (for the sensitive ones), things never grow. Knit knit knit...measure... repeat and repeat. Nah, life's too short for scarves for me!!!
  • kmakm
    Black on neutral stone it is. You are a gem. I'll get the cms to you shortly.
  • RachelG
    RachelG Member Posts: 50
    This is great @AllyJay, love the colours!! X
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @AllyJay and network members - You should all enter the Alice Springs Beanie Fest. My sister enters every year. Have a look at www.beaniefest.org