Is that right? Did you really say that?

Comments

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    When telling a client of my diagnosis she says 'are you sure' 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @Joannie Please, please do it - and then tell us what the reaction is!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Joannie Do it! Do it!
  • kmakm
    I've had "No one wants to be you" from a couple of friends. I've taken it and made it my own.
  • Sister
    @joannie - it's when you're older that you can get away with it!  Age disgracefully, I say!
  • Sister
    Just heard a couple of doozys today when I called in to work.  I was speaking to one of the relief staff who I sometimes work with.  She looked at me carefully then told me "You don't look well".  I was actually feeling pretty okay at the time.  Then, when talking about treatment, she said in a sceptical tone, "Well, I hope it works for you".
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there @sister What an arsehole! You should tell her to go fuck herself lol. Some people have no idea hey. Xx 
  • Sister
    Fortunately, I know what she's like so I just had a chuckle to myself.  I just wish my other colleagues had been around at the time!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Ah me. I buy bras from my prosthesis supplier normally, but popped in to my local well stocked lingerie shop to see what they had. "No problem" said assistant. They had one - rather plain, very beige but I decided to try it on. "Do you have your prosthesis with you?" she asked. Well yes, upon my person as it were. I'm a 16EE, it's a lovely day and I am wearing a light, but tailored shirt. Bit hard to work out the thought process. I am accustomed to people staring at my old-fashioned-but-I-love-it shopping basket, and asking if I want a bag for my purchases, but this was a new one!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    A neighbour from around the corner, whom I haven't seen in months, stopped his car in front of my driveway late yesterday. I was out cutting some herbs for dinner. His mother had told me recently that he knew I had cancer. This guy is late 30s and a high school teacher. He lowered the car window and called "Hi, what have you been up to?" I said in an astonished tone, "What have I been UP TO ???!!!" He gestured at my turban - "Well, apart from that." I said, "Well, I still have five months of chemo to go." He said, "But are you feeling better now?" Arrggghhh.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I have only been on this journey for a few months so haven’t had too many of the inappropriate comments but if I don’t manage to hold onto my hair that may well change. I just have one girl at work who has to do the “one up” thing all the time so every time I mention something about me she either turns it back around to be about her or tells me about a friend who is having a worse experience. I don’t deal with stupid people well at the best of times so I will struggle to not slap someone at some stage I think!!
  • kmakm
    @Flaneuse Oh ffs!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @kmakm Exactly !