Rant- It's all about him!

Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
edited February 2018 in General discussion
I need to vent or I will explode. Lately every ailment I get, my hubby more or less says he has the same thing. I remarked a fellow lymphedema sufferer had a paper cut and her arm and hand swelled and she needed to go on antibiotics and all he could say is oh yes those paper cuts are really bad, I had them in the bank job I had and they are awful. I said about another friend with chemo brain on hormone therapy went to the supermarket and couldn't remember why until she noticed the shopping list was in her hand. Hubby- oh yes I forget stuff all the time when I go in a room. If I complain about any of my conditions or how I am feeling, he always has a comparative answer that he has the same thing. I am just so (insert swearword beep) sick of it! Grrrrrrr! 
Tagged:

Comments

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Permission  to vent granted - aaaaggghh!!
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Maybe that's his way of trying to understand or relate?  Guys don't know what to say sometimes, I know its frustrating but maybe he's trying. 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Oh my .... @Brenda5, I would be fuming !!!!!!!! Rant away Lovely we're here for you. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @Brenda5 Tell him oh my I'm Pregnant and let him have fake morning sickness, LOL tell him it must be a change of life baby........ LOL  
  • dbelle
    dbelle Member Posts: 19
    It’s like ‘man flu’ everything’s so much worse for them! My poor hubby went through prostate cancer 10 years ago and has been whining about every ache, pain & side effect ever since. When I told our now adult kids of my diagnosis I was quick to add that I wouldn’t be putting them through all that carry on again. We might be the fairer sex but us women are so much tougher!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there Brenda you should of just added the swesr word..... don’t worry I’ll add it for you!!  He’s being a selfish arse and you have every right to be pissed off... there you go I said it.  You should tell him you have period pain and see what he says lol. And vent any bloody time you like love we are all here to listen. Take care of you. Margie. Xxxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Love ya! @onemargie (I don't think my hubby would believe period pain anymore) . And nice to see I'm not the only trawling the net at ridiculous hours in the morning.  I'm logging off now and going to attempt my first walk since chemo!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @brenda5 Can you launch your kayak without him? Sounds like you need a lazy few hours on the water.
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Lol my hubby had a heart attack 12 months ago. Apparently he is the only one!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It is of course the first heart attack that has happened to him! How many of us thought cancer could never happen to us? It's irritating but I agree with @Mira, it's a clumsy, somewhat egotistical form of empathy. My other half is solid commonsense and support when the chips are down (not so much when I really just want sympathy) so I think I still have the better outcome, if one has to choose. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Ar least he is listening and trying to be empathetic and not just saying uhuh.