Join our campaign to have ribociclib and palbociclib subsidised in Australia

Marianne_BCNA
Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
BCNA is calling on its members and their supporters to write to their local federal Member of Parliament and state or territory Senators to urge them to support the listing of ribociclib and palbociclib on the PBS. Information regarding the campaign including letter templates and a list of federal members and senators can be accessed via this link.
Please take a look and encourage your family and friends to do so too.

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    just sent this out to all members of our local support group
  • Leapfrog
    Leapfrog Member Posts: 13
    I've just put a post on Facebook and received good response within minutes.
  • Leapfrog
    Leapfrog Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2018
    @Marianne_BCNA  Do you have an email address for Greg Hunt, please.  I just googled it so don't worry.  

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Done!  Just have to get stamps.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Thanks so much @Karen_C for sharing your letter.  Hopefully this will help others with their letters (hint, hint everyone).
    Just also letting you know that I've removed your name to protect your privacy. 
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    What a fantastic letter @Karen_C and thanks for your generosity in sharing it on the network :)
    All power to you and great to hear you are doing so well. Rosie 
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Have just fowarded a letter to my Federal MP, and his personal assistant was able to tell me that several others have been  sent to him as well, so we can only wait in hope!!!

wendy55
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    I have also forwarded my letter  to Mark Coulton MP. The suggested formats were easy to modify.
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    @wendy55 has requested my high tech computer skills to upload the letter she wrote last year to The Federal Health Minister. Just like the letter from @Karen_C it is heartfelt and powerful. Thanks for sharing @wendy55
  • wendy55
    @rosie thank you for putting this up, This is the letter that I have forwarded to Mr.Rowan Ramsey my Federal MP for the , seat of Grey in South Australia, nothing has changed medically(Yet) and I really don't know if I could have written another letter along those lines, it was written from heart and I did not change a thing,
    thank you,
    wendy55
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @ wendy55,
    Thank you for posting your amazing letter which has been written from the heart and from your personal experience.
    I agree, it is such a powerful message.

• Karen_C
    Karen_C Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2018

Sent my letter  Lending my Support to Sue Dunlevy, Journalist and the atached article has popped up in papers today.  Hereunder is my response to article which had gone on Facebook:-

I am a cancer survivor for 12
    years and I firmly believe that I am here because of new anti-body technology,
    Herceptin and now Kadcyla. I look forward to seeing new technologies such as
    these fast tracked. Cancer patients do not have time to wait. Conventional
    regimes of chemotheraphy can be antiquated and cruel, and at worst,
    ineffective. I am watching this space with great interest these technologies
    can give quality of life, enabling cancer survivors to remain part of mainstream society, continue to work and be a
    contributor to society. Current cancer regimes interrupt one's life
    significantly due to down time and terrible side effects, having diabolical
    consequences on people's ability to continue working and living a normal life.

I believe the Pharmaceutical
    Benefits Scheme personnel are meeting this week to consider new technology
    drugs. I for one hope that CDK inhibitors Ribociclib (Kisqali) and Palbociclib
    (Ibrance) become available for my fellow breast cancer survivors so they too
    can have the benefits and hope for a good life that has availed me.

Australian cancer patients need,
    expect and deserve timely access to the latest cancer drugs under a system that
    is fair, equitable and in a sustainable way.

Thank you

Karen_C

Cancer survivor 12 years

"Win for Cancer Patients - Maybe end to Chemotherapy as Immuno-therapies Fast-Tracked"
    Sue Dunlevy 19.2.2018

perthnow.com.au — CHEMOTHERAPY could become a thing of the past for up to two in three cancer patients with the government looking at subsidising breakthrough new immunotherapies across multiple cancers. The medicines called programmed-death ligand 1 (PDL1) therapies — like Keytruda which dramatically extended the life of Liberal Party fundraiser Ron Walker, and Opdivo — use the body’s own immune system to fight cancer.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Just to say I have written to MPs and Senators and today received a letter from Senator James Paterson to say he is making representation on my behalf to Greg Hunt the Health Minister and will be in touch 

Please if you can keep lobbying 
  • wendy55
    thank you so very much, I have yet to receive anything to even say mine has been received!!! I will be ringing shortly to at least find out if it has been read ! Get my scan results tomorrow after ct with contrast yesterday , scananxiety already at high level! trying to keep distracted, dont hold out for much sleep tonight, it would be wonderful if this drug went on the pbs and everyone with metastatic cancer could access it {me included}

Wendy55