Newly Diagnosed

Comments

• shann
    shann Member Posts: 68
    Thank you @onemargie, I just moved from the North side of Brissy to here about 1 month ago and found this lump 1 week later.  I actually have 3 children but 2 do not want anything to do with me even after letting them know about my diagnosis.  My 3rd child still lives at home and in grade 11.  So yes so use to doing things solo that it's just a way of life.  Have pre admission on tues but that is nothing.  My parents are here on the coast so they help when I ask without a problem, but I do have a problem with asking.  Thank you for all you kind words. x
  • shann
    Thank you @sandramj for that information and I have been unable to find them on facebook as of yet, but that would be good to be involved in a group.  Not sure how to private message anyone on here so not sure how to give you my number...... still leaning the ropes.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi @Shann, if you want to private message someone go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on the second little picture (inbox) and that will take you to the message page. Just type in the person who you want to message so if it's sandramj  you would type in her user name and then in the dialogue box type in your message. Press post message and that sends it to your chosen recipient. Done. Hope it helps. Xx Cath
  • shann
    Thank you @socoda. x
  • Hankster
    Hankster Member Posts: 86
    Hi Shannon sorry about your results today.  We all know how you are feeling right now.  The why me and the uncertainty are the worst.  Trust me we you  and your doctors have a plan of action you will feel like you have some control back .  Sounds corny but at this stage one day at a time is the best approach so you don't get overwhelmed.  You are not alone xxoo
  • shann
    Hi all been away for a bit.  Didn't heal from my first surgery back in Oct son Jan 16 I had a double mastectomy.  I had 7 days in hospital so they could watch healing.  All was well for about a week and wound started breaking down again with small openings.  Was put on negative pressure therapy but that didn't last a week as they stopped working due to heat on the Gold Coast and it wouldn't stick. They have healed somewhat and I just have some dressings on and go back to clinic on Fri to see them again.  No one can understand this or tell me why this is happening again.  Keeping everything crossed and asking for my miracle everyday for healing and fast.  Still have to have chemo but have to heal first then of course the hormone tablet.  Thanks for letting me vent again ladies. xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh @shann what a roller coaster ride of surgeries, I do hope they can get it healing fast for you... 

it must be stressful 

gentle hugs 
    Soldiercrab
  • shann
    Hi Soldiercrab
    Yes it has been very stressful and messes with your emotions but I keep going.  Very difficult to be positive most of the time very hard for my family to understand that and they tell me I am too negative.  I just  wish they could tell me why this is happening as I have had major surgery before and never had this problem before.  All this time and I have had no infection so that is one good thing.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I had an area that kept breaking done ..... they thought when it finally all healed over it was a vein..... I get it 

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    @Giovanna_BCNA or another BCNA moderator could you help Juieanne by making her post a seperate one ?
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi @shann, so sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough trot. Hoping for you that this time they will heal thoroughly and without issue. Sending a big hug and healing vibes. Xx Cath
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Hi @Romla@SoldierCrab has moved it and I've now deleted the comments here
  • shann
    Hi all,
    So back to the clinic this morning, which has resulted in wound break down again (which I new was happening) So just a change in dressings to see if things improve.  I am probably looking at least 12 months before I can even look at getting back to any employment.  They say I still have to have chemo because of the type of chemo but not until I heal which according to the wound technician/consultant is going to take a long drawn out time.  No driving, no house work or anything just rest they say.  They must realise how useless I feel not being able to do the most basic things in life, my big one all I want to do is stand under the shower and wash my own hair and just enjoy it.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Love to all. xx

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @shann, I don't call your post a vent - I call it a very restrained summary of where you are up to! Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Best wishes, you are showing remarkable fortitude. One of the things you can't prepare for is when you get blindsided by something no-one really expected! Here's hoping it all heals sooner rather than later.