Is that right? Did you really say that?

Comments

• Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    @Zoffiel - what a story! I must admit it made me giggle just a bit - hopefully all these years later it's also an amusing story for you to relate! OMG can you imagine if he really had told some they had Cancer who didn't! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Oh please - yes, I made the comment about getting a showbag at the oncologists - wouldn't it have been nice to have some choccie in it (they could make it breast-shaped) and maybe a little bottle of wine (I know, you're not supposed to alcohol).
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    I was walking into the local IGA the other day and my neighbour whom I haven’t seen for ages yells out to me “hey you’re hairs grown back” I politely said yes I know and continued to walk into the supermarket. But under my breath I said to myself “what the fuck do you think it’s been doing for the past 15 months since I finished chemo ya knob”. I know she meant well.  Margie xx
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @Joannie
    Ha ha - don't you just love some neighbours - as subtle as .......
    We took our new neighbour's bins in (only to their side gate, not inside the gate) one day as they were 200kms away for the day.  When they came back we were not so politely told they would appreciate if we did not do that as they would not do it for us.  Go figure.  Seems the idea of being neighbourly is now different - maybe a generational thing as ours are only in their early 40s.

Hi @onemargie
    I would have touched my hair and acted soooooo surprised then thanked her for letting me know.
    Keeps us all giggling, though.
    Summer   <3
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    For the second time since my single mastectomy without reconstruction, my sister has invited me to a ‘bra’ party. This particular company do have one token mastectomy bra (not one I actually like) in their range but really??

I am fine with my choice of single mastectomy without reconstruction and do have some lovely bras that I like but find it mind boggling that she would invite me a second time. The first time was only a couple of months after I finished treatment which I politely declined. This time she even hinted that she would get the best deals if people who come commit to having their own party!!

:| 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    My parents were visiting from Melbourne (we are in Brisbane) over xmas for 10 days, on xmas day morning my Daddy was quite ill, and that night had to go to hospital by ambulance - Mum is wonderful, but rambles more than usual when she's nervous... mum says (and mum has a LOUD voice) "This is our daughter, she just got over breast cancer"  ... I just looked at her incredulously like WTF, are you serious?... 
    I called her on it a couple days later, she apologized profusely! It still sticks in my head though, It was only one week after my 25th radiation treatment and I had nasty radiation burns on my neck that were pretty obvious to all and my hair was at the baby fuzz stage and it was really quite obvious to them that i'd recently been through chemo... 
  • Cyclo
    Cyclo Member Posts: 56
    My best friend “ well what do you expect with your lifestyle “ 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.