10 years ago today...

JoeyLiz
JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
10 years ago today I started my job as a Radiation Therapist! I love my job and am proud of what I do, but I didn’t think I’d take my dedication as far as becoming a patient, but maybe it’ll make me better at it!

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Congratulations on a great career.  Maybe after 10 years your new experience as a patient will let you in on a few tiny techniques but I reckon with your caring attitude you would have already had it all down pat.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @JoeyLiz
    I am sure you are a very good therapist prior to this but you will gain an empathy that only those who have gone thru this will get..... 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    The nurse who assisted when they put in my Picc line was very open and told me she had had BC and that alone seems to calm me I agree @Joannie it does calm us. 

• Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    @JoeyLiz, I think you were already an empathetic, capable therapist prior to your own diagnosis.  However your new set of health circumstances will give you an edge.  Sounds like it already has.
    Sue P
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Congrats @JoeyLiz!  Ten years - wow, that's impressive. You must really love what you do - tho yes putting yourself up as a patient is going above and beyond! LOL! I think your patients are really lucky to have such a caring, understanding person looking after them. Xx