Melbourne ONLY: Opportunity to participate in a study designed to improve your health and wellbeing
Receive three months of free supervised exercise at fitness centres throughout Melbourne with the EX-MED Cancer program.
- Sessions are supervised by qualified exercise physiologists who specialise in exercise for people with cancer
- You’ll receive an individualised program specific to you and will be exercising with a small group of other cancer survivors
participation in the program involve?
Three month best-practice exercise intervention involving 3 x ~1hr sessions/week; individualised exercise prescription delivered by exercise physiologists specifically trained to deliver EX-MED Cancer; conducted in groups of 10 people with cancer at local fitness centres.
Who can participate?
People diagnosed with any type of cancer who have completed cancer treatment (surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy) within the last 12 months. Please note participants are eligible if they are currently receiving/scheduled to receive hormone therapy.
Where is the
- Melbourne Studio Gym, Fitzroy
- Coburg Leisure Centre, Coburg
- Hawthorn Aquatic & Leisure Centre, Hawthorn
- Monash Sport and Fitness, Caulfield
- Sunshine Leisure Centre, Sunshine
does it cost?
Where can I find out more or join?