Predict 2.0

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    These tools are very general. I take don’t take them that seriously. Trust your doctors, make your choices and don’t look back. If cancer gets you, it gets you. It’s always in the shadows. 
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    I just feel like what did I do wrong  
  • DearB
    This stupid thing I just did another long woe is me and it only printed the first bit.  Anyway.  Less woe and more happiness.    
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi there @DearB
    You probably did nothing wrong !
    As has been said, these things are a guide only and your treatment team are the ones likely to know what is applicable to you.
    Wait and ask questions at your next appointment - no good stressing about things which may not be.
    Summer  :)
  • Sorry @DearB that sounded harsher than I meant it to. I just mean, you can't change the past.Take care. 
  • DearB
    All good god I don’t take offence to much believe me.    
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Why would you think the treatment would increase your risk of ovarian cancer?
  • DearB
    I think tamoxifen increases the risk of ovarian cancer.   ????  Am I wrong 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hi @DearB. Tamoxifen slightly increases the risk of endometrial cancer, not ovarian cancer.  Having said that, the consensus is that the benefits outweigh the risks.  
    Again, ask these questions at your next appointment
    Take care, 
    Lyn
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @DearB the stats surrounding chemo can be quite distressing. Increases in survival rates are frequently 1 - 5 % Which, if you know about tools like this, can make decisions very, very difficult to make.
  • DearB
    Thanks ladies I will cease banging about this.  Today’s a new day.  
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @DearB I agree listen to your Oncologist mine like Afraser's showed me this tool also and explained the reasons why he was suggesting the treatments he was and what he would be doing if it was himself. 
    I felt and still do 5 years out with NO evidence of disease I made the right choices for me. 
    Breathe in and let it out, ask you onco for information about this and his/her view of it in light of why they are suggesting your treatment plan ahead.
    Hugs 
    Soldiercrab