Disappointed in The Beacon's name change

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Why are the BCNA taking so long to respond to this issue?im actually really surprised to be honest. And I still can’t see any response as to why they have to change it??  And why at the very least hasn’t Christine Nixon responded to the letter sent to her by @traveltext ? That’s a bit of a shame. Why can’t we start  a post on suggestions for a name and logo change then? That seems fair doesn’t it ? Margie. Xx
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    It seems a shame the change.when the online network was changed bcna really listened to us and made changes to accomadate and realy kept us informed.this seems different l hope the woman and men who make up the bcna are not being forgotten. Even the friday update seems not the same. I hope bcna is not loosing its roots. 
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Just  wanted to say I believe that it is christine Nolan who is the ceo not christine Nixon, can someone correct me?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Christine Nolan is correct. 
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    thanks, I just hope that any letters to her were in fact addressed to christine nolan and not nixon!!
  • Great ideas @Zoffiel. I’d like to see the pink lady dressed up like that. :)

Has BCNA become so big that they are unable to respond to the needs of the very people they advocate for and provide an online platform for? I have cancelled my Pink Lady/ the Beacon newsletter in protest. 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    @Zoffiel, love the way you think. We may not want the rebranding of the Beacon, but we do need to be able to offer constructive alternatives. Your suggestion goes a long way ☺
    Lyn
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh that's a shame!  
    It's presently skeleton staff in a lot of organisations so perhaps that’s the case for BCNA.  
    Giovanna has passed our concerns on.
    I have sent an email on the feedback email for the Beacon. Hopefully others have also!
    Maybe this strategy hiccup needs to go to the Board and goodness knows when they meet.....
    As @Zoffiel commented earlier this should be causing consternation. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @Zoffiel Totally agree with your post. Smart idea...love the blue addition. I had the image of a pink lady holding hands with a blue man. Just my thoughts.