Finally finished!

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Bugger. So sorry to hear this. Hope the ultrasound goes we'll. Paula 
  • Batwoman
    Batwoman Member Posts: 39
    Now I have an amazing tattoo to cover the lumpy bits. Jackson May based at Youngbloods Tattoo in Rockingham WA. He can also do 3D nipple tattoos if it's your thing and he is such a nice guy. My tattoo took 9.5 hours, 2 days ago and I still have another 4 to go. It's life changing. Now I don't see a mess that brings back scary memories, I just see art. I'm so happy.
  • mum2jj
    Well look at you after all this time. Amazing result for you. So happy. 
    Paula xx
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Youe tattoo is amazing. You've had a long road to get to this point. So glad you're happy  :)
    Take care
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    What an amazing smile @Batwoman - it says it all!  Good luck with the next surgery - no doubt it'll be a doddle after everything you've been through.
  • Batwoman
    A friend of mine in England is having a double mastectomy today with expanders straight in. She just sent me this picture of the nipple tattoos she is planning on getting when she finally has her implants. I think they look great, so I'm sharing, with her permission.
  • mum2jj
    Wow.amazing :)

• Batwoman
    And.....I'm back. Because 9 surgeries are obviously not enough I now need another one. This is becoming the saga of if it can go wrong it will :smile: My implant on the side that isn't tattooed (thank goodness) is a type that has been banned due to toxicity that can cause blood cancer. I was aware of this and decided to be proactive and have it checked. It's breaking down and needs to be removed asap. This Friday I will find out if it can be a straight swap or needs to be a longer process with donor skin taken from my back like the other side. This adventure is heading into the 9th year now. Getting a bit tedious now, but at least I'm still here to complain.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's a bugger @Batwoman  - I hope you are able to have the least invasive surgery with the best outcome ..... We'll be thinking of you xxx

Take care & all the best for Friday xx

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Oh no @Batwoman, sorry you're facing yet another surgery but good for you for being pro-active and turning around a potentially bad situation. I hope all goes well with the surgery and that you won't need to worry about anything more for quite some time. Best wishes, Jane xx 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Batwoman
    Crumbs that is a so and so and that goodness you were proactive 
    Hopefully all will be good, it has just been a very long road for you
    Take care
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Batwoman Bugger. I wish you strength. Your experience is yet another factor leading me to question my current situation (still an expander in, waiting for the implant). 
  • mum2jj
    Bugger! Thanks goodness you were proactive and got it checked. All the best for the changeover. 
    Hugs
    Paula xxxx
  • Batwoman
    It will be a small surgery, one night in hospital :smile: It's as good as it can be at present.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    All the best, @Batwoman  ..... thinking of you xx