Predict 2.0

Sunshine0206
Sunshine0206 Member Posts: 146
edited January 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Afternoon all,

Just wondering if any of you know much about or have used the predict 2.0 tool?

Thanks

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    The oncologist yse it. I've plugged my stuff in every now and again. Just temember with stars though it can't predict which % we will fall in. So in tbat sense it's not really useful. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Predict uses logitudinal data that is pretty much the best info anyone has. If you have a science brain the size of the samples in V1 will make your eyes cross. Really? That's it? I haven't looked at the current version and the other tool i was aware of, Adjuvantonline, seems to have been out of action for ages. You won't find anything in predict your onc won't be aware of, though it never hurts to check :)
  • primek
    And now with spelling fixed so it makes sense. Sorry

The oncologist use it. I've plugged my stuff in every now and again. Just remember with stats though it can't predict which % we will fall in. So in that sense it's not really useful. 

It can give hope or despair. ..depending on your head space. 
  • Sunshine0206
    edited January 2018
    Thanks ladies. It gives me a bit of reality. Keeps me grounded. I see your point @primek on which side of the percent we fall on. Much thanks. 
  • Sunshine0206
    edited January 2018
    The tool doesn’t factor in radiation? Any thoughts? @primek @Zoffiel
  • Sunshine0206
    Or surgery....
  • primek
    Lumpectomy with radio has same stats in most cases as mastectomy. The tool assumes you've had that already given you are putting in path. 
  • Sunshine0206
    Ahhhh I didn’t see that anywhere.
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    What the actual f&&&& why did I not know about this.   I just keyed in my stuff and 96 surivalnfor 5 Yearss  Without further treatment is only 1/100 difference.          What !!!    
  • DearB
    I am sure they talked up the need for my extra treatment more the. 1 per cent or is my maths not working.    
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    My surgeon spoke of this tool and ran it for me when I was diagnosed. He was at pains to emphasise it was fallible and was a general indicator only. As we know, there are so many variables between us all, different treatments and different responses. He also said, after demurring that advice on post operative treatment was up to my oncologist, that he would recommend chemo even if it upped my chances only one or two points, as that might make all the difference. My oncologist wanted me to complete Taxol for the same reason. I've  been comfortable with my choices as I felt knew the score (no pun intended). 
  • DearB
    But aren’t I increasing the rate of ovarian cancer by 1 per cent or was that lower?   
  • DearB
    Sorry I know these are questions for my oncologist but that’s in two weeks and this is now and
  • Sunshine0206
    @DearB always be guided by your oncologist. He/she knows the absolute details of your situation. The tool does not allow for individual variables.