12 months on

Molly001
Molly001 Member Posts: 419
Yesterday, 9th Jan, marked 12 months since that dreaded day. 'I'm sorry, it's cancer.' I distracted myself for two days, taking the kids to the beach and the zoo. On the third day I lost my s#@t and cried and slept the entire day. I imagined my kids growing up without their mother. I couldn't face them with my heavy heart. Then I found this site. I found hope, encouragement and understanding. I dried my eyes and got on with the inevitable. I'm a cut up, poisoned, fried, sore, tired, hot, grumpy, no BS chicky now, but disease free feeling the chokehold of fear slowly easing. It feels safe again to be hopeful for the future. Thank you ladies and gents. It's a club I wish we didn't beling to, but am abundantly grateful for.

Comments

• Cyclo
    Cyclo Member Posts: 56
    Hey Molly like most of us here I understand where you’ve been during the last year. It sure isn’t an easy year. I’m a year on as well and waiting to get my results next week and hope they are good news too.  Good luck for 2018 hopefully it will be a better year all round. 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Congratulations @Molly001, a big milestone !  I'm so glad to hear you say you feel hopeful for the future - atta girl!!!! Happy One Year xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Congratulations onbyour 1st year. Looking forward to celebrating next year with you. Kath x
  • Scared Mum
    Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
    Congratulations Ladies on your 1st year   <3<3<3  
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Ladies before you blink you will be at your 5 year check ups like I am ..... 

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    You are doing pretty good for the first year. I have taken two years but hopefully now I am not doing the one step forward, two steps back thing any more. Freedom!
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Thanks ladies and congrats @Cyclo . Still a long road @Brenda5 but I will get there!
  • Debbiej
    Debbiej Member Posts: 7
    Well Molly001 that absolutely calls for a celebration!!!!! Well done! Enjoy 2018 and put 2017 behind you! :)