Morning Walk

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
Anxiety levels are mounting with surgery today and sleep further away than ever. Out walking before daybreak this morning. Best way I know to reduce anxiety.  5km - probably last time I'll be able to do that for a few weeks.

Comments

• steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    All the best for today Sister.  Praying for peace and calm amidst this storm, steady and skilful hands of your surgical team and a gentle restful recovery. One step at a time - like your walk, facing each bit with inner strength.  Take Care.. Hugs.
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    That walk looks beautiful and the perfect way to prepare for this challenging day.  I hope all goes well for you today and that you are soon back breathing in the nature. x
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    All the best for today@Sister. So impressed you were out walking before your big day, you're amazing !
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Thinking of you today @Sister and wishing you back on your feet enjoying the day soon. XO
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    you got this @Sister and we got your back 

hugs 
    Soldiercrab

• Sister
    Thanks, everyone.  About to play a couple of games of Rummiking with the kids before heading off to hospital.
  • Rachwllms
    Rachwllms Member Posts: 22
    Sending big hugs to you xx 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hope surgery went well. I did the same pre changeover surgery. Thinking of you. 
  • Sister
    I've been lying in my bed at St Andrews, dozing on and off since surgery, last night, looking at the lights of the city when awake.  Apparently, the surgery went well although I guess there'll be more results to come. What a lovely team here.
    The anaeththetist, Dr Fah, held my hand to come me down when I started getting panicky in the holding area and Dr Kollias held my hand in the theatre before I was put out to it.  He also asked me if I would like him to ring my husband as soon as it was over which he did. (I sent hubby home this time as I was being taken down).   And, of course, the assisting staff were so caring as have been the nursing staff during the night.
    And,cso far, no nausea - fingers crossed.  So sore, though.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Hey @Sister
    I'm glad you are OK. You've had a really tough day, take it easy, rest when you can. You will be back out on that beautiful walking track before you know it. Marg xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Sister now it's time to listen to your body, listen to the direction of the medical team and most important roll with recovery and try not to beat it!!

That part is now behind you

Take care, hugs
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Good to hear you are being taken care of - I too had my surgery at St Andrews and found myself cocooned with kindness by everyone medical and non medical. Rest up - each day will be a little better - and you will soon be home with your family .XO
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    thats another step forward @Sister

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Hi @Sister, I've been thinking of you since your initial surgery as we both had it on the same day, 21st December. I have been wondering how you got on as I haven't seen a post about your results but it sounds like you have had to go in again for a second time. I too had my surgery at St Andrews & found everyone to be so caring. I was overwhelmed with the kindness. The breast care nurse, Amanda, visited me within the first hour of arrival bringing me my pink cushion & fitting me for my bra & I think we both had the same anesthetist. I didn't have to have a second operation but get my results tomorrow to see if I need to go on to radiation therapy. As much as I am still recovering, I had my first day back at work yesterday ( with many drugs taken throughout the day for the pain!). It sounds like you have had a much tougher time. I am so sorry to hear you have had to go in again & I so hope this surgery has been successful & you make a full recovery with great results at the end. I wish you so much love, prayers & peace as you slowly take this time to heal. I often feel guilty that I seem to have got through this ordeal (so far) with relative ease compared to most of you lovely ladies. I wish I could take your pain away to help with your healing. When I read the posts on this forum, it has helped me put things in perspective as I see so much strength within you ladies, it has made me realize that I can get through this. Sending you lots of love & hugs & positive thoughts through this healing process. Take care & listen to your body as it's the only one we have & we all need to take care of ourselves. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. xxxxoooo
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    @Sister I’m from SA as you might remember. My dad spent time in St. Andrews they were lovely in there. Hope you are feeling a bit brighter this morning. Margie xx