Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

My Body keeps Giving

Well I have had a great year of wellbeing which brought me false sense of security.   When all was going swimmingly, I have my usual end of year scans and low and behold, a 5cm cyst in my brain.   Thankfully not cancer but suspect its has been caused through radio stereo surgery which I have had twice in that area.  Mind you, I haven't really had any other choice.   It seems that my disease is on hold but the treatments are now taking a toll given I have lived with mets for 11 years.  Nonetheless I have recovered well from surgery and keen to pick up where I left off in regard to my wellness program which has been so good for me.   2018 I am rekindling a passion in art, starting with a drawing class.   
Cheers Karen 

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh bugger on that. I hope no more surprises for you and life keeps bringing you enjoyment.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Bugger  keep up the art :D 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    That sucks, Karen. 
    Exercise is good but art takes mental enetgy that I find very satisfying. Once my fat stops crying while I'm exercing everything just goes back to normal.  Energy spent on art (and gardens) endures. Good luck. Marg xxx
  • Shorelle
    Shorelle Member Posts: 80
    Do mets go away with treatment? Is that possible? Keep strong.
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    edited January 2018
    Oh @Karen_C, that's absolutely shiteful news. Cancer the gift that keeps on giving. Hugs x
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @Shorelle
     they dont go away they can be reduced and made inactive if I am correct but Mets means it will keep popping its head up somewhere else. 
    @primek
     is  that a good way to put it? 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Yes @SoldierCrab Good way to put in. Not curable but treatable.
  • Karen_C
    Karen_C Member Posts: 93
    Yeah you are all right.   Once you have mets, its you and we can only do our best to keep them under wraps and as stable as possible.   Hopefully Genome mapping will help future generations nip diseases like cancer in the bud before they take hold.  
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Sorry to hear your news , after having your scans. Wishing you all the best with your treatment. Hopefully there are no nasty surprises and you stay stable. ( my favorite word ). I find I can relax when doing some sort of craft work. I  wold love to be able to draw. Stay strong,  best wishes.