What sort of bra to wear after diep

Jenny66
Jenny66 Member Posts: 34
Hiya everyone I hope that you all had a wonderful Xmas, I’m about to finish the last of the pavlova then tomorrow it will be healthy food only as my jeans are getting harder to do up. I am now 4 months from a masectomy then immediate diep reconstruction and am starting to look for a bra is anyone wearing underwire or should I get wire free Jenny  

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Hi @Jenny66 - why don't you join the "Choosing Breast Reconstruction" group to help with your questions?

I had a DIEP in March and Revision surgery 10 days ago. I have only worn soft form bras throughout. There are several discussions throughout the online network on the sorts of bras: ah bras; crop tops etc. I got mine from my plastic surgeon, from Berlei, Bras Without Wires and KMart.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Hey @Jenny66 I agree with Nikki, if you haven't already join the "Choosing Breast Reconstruction Group" I also used soft crop bras from kmart. I definitely would not wear underwire bras. I'm 10 months post single mastectomy/diep flap recon and I went and got fitted by Genevieve Gort in Port Melbourne. She is brilliant and ex Nurse and has fantastic bras all wirefree, I did get a surgical one too which zips up its fantastic! I wouldnt go anywhere else now, best money I've spent. xx Melinda