Melbourne support groups?

Options
DearB
DearB Member Posts: 205
me again are there any groups that meet in the Melbourne area?  I am actually Sunbury but Work in south Melbourne  and we are only 30-40 minutes in good traffic.  I think I am going to ask for some counselling as well next visit to royal Melbourne. I think I am at limit now 

thanks in advance 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    I wasn't part of a support group but I did go to a very good counsellor, Liz Crocker. I think she is still consulting. Liz Crocker's Living Well Services, High Street Kew.
  • DearB
    Options
    @iserbrown. Thanks I have emailed contact !!!! I really appreciate that
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @Joannie I’d love the details for the support group..unless someone knows of one in the inner west of Melbourne 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Thanks @Joannie
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    The Think Pink Living Centre in St Kilda Rd near the Shrine has support groups along with lots of wonderful activities such as Art therapy, yoga, walking groups, massage, education talks and Days of Indulgence.  I attend a group for the over 40's that meets monthly and there is a group for younger women and those living with advanced disease.  It is a fabulous resource and the breast care nurse Andrea is wonderfully supportive.  Unfortunately for me, my return to work deprived me of enjoying more of the many things on offer.
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks @Fiona2. I am looking for after hours ones at this stage. Hoping to hear from the Sunbury group.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @DearB there’s a great group called young pink sisters in Melbourne it’s run by a lady called Lauren bryant. Can even offer some financial support to reimburse the costs of meds and out of pocket medical bills up to $600. She is just lovely’s give them a call or google them and check them out. Hope this helps. Margie. Xx
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks @onemargie Is 44 young enough.
  • onemargie
    Options
    Yep no worries I contacted her and I was 43 when I was diagnosed may 2016 and I only found out about her and contacted her last year. Let me know how you go.  Margie xx
  • onemargie
    Options
    Hi there @DearB how did you go did you contact Lauren from young pink sisters yet?. Margie x