Feeling Low but Great GP

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
Hi, Feeling like crap today as my results were supposed to be back this week and they're not so I won't know whether I have to have further surgery until NEXT YEAR!  And it's summer and just the best time to be in the water and I can't be.  My underarm hurts from the surgery, and the tiny bit of skin that I can actually feel has been rubbed up badly by the free Berlei bra.  Plus I'm dog-tired until I lay down, then I can't get comfortable and my thoughts go around at a million miles an hour.  The sleeping tablets give me about 2 hours if I'm lucky.  And my wonderful GP is leaving the state in a few weeks!

On the bright side this morning, my GP has given me stronger sleeping tablets for tonight, put dressing on my underarm to stop the friction and generally let me spend way too much of her time offloading.

If any of you live in the Orange area and are looking for an absolutely brilliant GP who's great with women's health and also with kids, keep an eye out for Sue Boyer at Apple City medical practice.  Get in early because once she's known, her patient base will fill up quickly.

Okay - enough whingeing now.

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Do you mean ORANGE NSW ? 
  • SoldierCrab
    @Sister
     try some mediation music ... I downloaded some from itunes and it has helped me with sleeping. 

• Sister
    @SoldierCrab - yes, that's where she's moving to.  Unfortunately a bit far for me to go for an appointment!
  • SoldierCrab
    OK cool I will let my BC group know about her. 

• Sister
    If anyone goes, tell them to say hello from Gaye
  • Harlee
    Harlee Member Posts: 106
    @Sister my GP of almost 30years recently retired! She’s only mid 50s like me and I thought she’d be working for a few more years yet. I couldn’t believe it and was devastated. I trusted a friends recomendation and tried another GP who was pretty good but then she had a baby!! Seriously -don’t these doctors know this is all about ME???
    anyway managed to stay well enough for a few months not to need to visit the doctor and then followed my new GP to a new practice. This has been great. I actually now see the principle doctor at the new practice who is awesome. The doctor I followed is only working part time due to her baby and I’ve also met the other 2 doctors in the practice. Perhaps you will have the same luck in finding a new GP.
    I hope you’re feeling better soon. Enjoy the long weekend and try not to stress about your results until next week.  

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    @Sister might be worth asking on the FB Adelaide Breast Cancer Friendship Group Chat Room for suggestions for another GP. It is not actually for Adelaide ladies only includes people from across SA and interstate - it was an interstate lady who put me onto it .