Swollen lymph node?

Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
Every fortnight it seems lately there is something new to worry about. This is my swollen node which is behind the elbow of my jaw. Swelled up for no reason on Christmas night. I couldn't turn my head to the left as it was movement restricted from the swelling. The next morning it had largely gone down although still hot and sore to touch. Today its gone. What the hell?

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Can happen and probably nothing. These things always seem to happen at awkward times like holidays. I would suggest getting it checked out for your own peace of mind but that's impractical if it has actually vanished! Perhaps a call to to your GP anyway? Best wishes. 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    I get a partial blockage in my parotid (spit) gland, situated in that exact spot.  I have a condition called Sjogren's  Syndrome which  results in vastly decreased saliva and also tears. As a result of this, the solids in  saliva become more concentrated and form small gritty stones which get blocked in the salivary duct leading from the parotid gland to the mouth. When this happens, I  get a severe, sharp pain on  the side of my  jaw, and the gland swells up. After the grit moves, it clears up. Perhaps something similar is happening with you, but  worth getting checked up just the same.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    It had been a ruthlessly hot day and my lymph less arm and hand although not particularly swollen, it had gone a funny yellowish color, even my fingernails. Seems to be all good now. I will write it down to mention to the doctor next week when he is back as with my foggy brain I would probably forget. Just have to find said notepad lol.