The perks of chemo!

onemargie
onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
edited December 2017 in General discussion
This post was suggested by a friend of mine so I thought I’d put it out there and see what everyone says. No one wants to be on here and we all have plenty to whinge about with this shitty thing that is breast cancer all totally understandable and justified but I thought I’d list some perks feel free to add to it xx

1. You can lie around watching movies after chemo  all day without feeling guilty
2. You get extensions on all your bills whenever you need it
3. I’ve put let to the front of the line at woolies when I was bald when it was huge 
4. I sold heaps more raffle tickets once I told everyone I’d had breast cancer
5. You can delegate all the shitty jobs you don’t want to do
6. You can eat what you feel like 

i would obviously prefer to not to ever have breast cancer but there has to be some perks hey xx

Comments

• onemargie
    I have no idea how that title came up!! It’s supposed to be the perks of chemo !,
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,539
    edited December 2017

onemargie said:

I have no idea how that title came up!! It’s supposed to be the perks of chemo !,

Well going off your comment about the heading I guess we have to add:

7. Poor typing skills
  • Coffee
    Coffee Member Posts: 10
    8. Got let off a speeding fine when he saw my very bald licence photo.
  • onemargie
    @iserbrow and yes lol very poor typing skills !,,  

heres another 

no chin hairs either !
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    And if invited to something you're not keen on ' I'm not well enough' works :)
  • TripleTea
    TripleTea Member Posts: 59
    No shaving of the armpits or washing/doing hair are my Favourites. Oh and the “I’m not feeling well is very useful as mentioned by Mollygirl. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Being a cheap dinner date ' I'll just have an avocado, a bowl of mashed potato  and a glass of soda water, thanks'
  • Rachwllms
    Rachwllms Member Posts: 22
    Getting out of hosting Christmas dinner again this year is a perk for me. I have been asked to make the pav but I'm sure i can get out of that too if i need to. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I told my beautician sorry but Mr chemo has done your job for you so I wont need your services for a while.... was 2 years before I needed to have any waxing done again..... that was a bonus of savings.$1386 for me alone no hair cuts for about 12mths over $300 there also. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    No leg shaving and no hairs on chin! And my facial skin (never great) improved dramatically and has pretty well stayed that way. Wouldn't recommend it as a beauty treatment to anyone though! 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Having no periods was a plus and still is. Not having to shave, shampoo or condition saved lots of time too.
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    No waxing! Saved $$ as well as pain!