OK. I think I'm going to do it.

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
edited December 2017 in General discussion

In the past few months I've had quite a few of you suggest I should write about having breast cancer. Thanks to those who've both posted and PM'd me with words of encouragement. That's the niceties out of the way.

"Oh, just take your posts out and put them in a book.' Right. I had some idea I was a loud mouth but I've transcribed 20,000 words (at least 15,000 of which are rubbish) and I'm still in September 2017. No wonder I haven't had time to study, I'm too busy on here pontificating. So, no. Won't be cutting and pasting

At this stage I've got working chapter headings, in no particular order, such as:

Into the Mincer, Tit lopping, Trying to be nice, Rads, Get off me--I'm exhausted, Piss off with the platitudes, Poisoning, This is ridiculous, Retreads, Red-neck rehab, Scanxiety, You know that's not good for you, Voldemort, My poor brain, Here we go again, Hooch and Fatso.

Yeah, I know. Not the standard approach and--if it ever gets off the ground--it won't be for everybody.

The loose plan is to get this finished in the next couple of months. It will be entirely from my own viewpoint and I can assure you that any content that comes off this site will be stuff I've written myself. I wont be borrowing from or quoting anyone else.

You started this. Marg

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Woo Hoo  can't wait to see it in print :D 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @Zoffiel
    Marg, that is a great idea, love the chapter headings and I can't wait for it to be published.
    Your comments are always honest and your own brand of humour comes through so it will be a good read.
    Maybe writing is your next career.
    Hugs  Summer   :)
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @Zoffiel, I cannot wait to read it lol. I absolutely love your sense of humor and potty mouth. Just reading some of your comments has me in tears of laughter. Don't ever change, your perfect just the way you are. I would definitely buy your book.
    XO
  • HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Who needs the standard approach, you have got to want to read it.  That 15,000 words of rubbish, it was great rubbish.  Good luck. Pam
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Now that might just hold my attention! I used to love reading but struggle to concentrate these days. Love your posts on here so can’t wait to read more! xxx
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Woo Hoo! Been hoping you’d do it . Chapter headings are perfect ! Down to earth , funny and fearless - just what is needed and so @Zoffiel . You might end up the new Kaz Cooke of breast cancer - regardless am rapt and waiting to see it in print. 
  • Romla
    PS is a huge market for your book - I’d been talking to Kaz Cooke’s publisher if not the lady herself .There’s enough evidence on this blog to show how much we all enjoy and value your jottings
  • Romla
    At the risk of being deemed pushy Kaz Cooke has a website you can contact her through @Zoffiel - her market is women/ girls tackling issues in an irreverent informative way and she’s a great cartoonist too
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Keeping it real.  :D:D
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    I hope it is a purging experience for you!  There are many avid readers awaiting the draft to read and or final product!  Good luck with it!
  • Piccme
    Piccme Member Posts: 68
    @Zoffiel you inform and entertain in your inimitable style. I’m sure it will be a success! Can I put my hand up for an autographed copy?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I do hope That Poor Woman will feature - I feel as if I almost know her. Chapter headings sound excellent. A glossary of terms might be good too. You know.......

therapeutic dose: the maximum applicable short of death
    vein: target practice

......and so forth.

Power to your writing fingers! 

• Mrs_H
    Mrs_H Member Posts: 102
    Can’t wait to buy a copy  :)
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    It'll be brilliant!