Hi

Cowgirl1
Cowgirl1 Member Posts: 66
I haven't been on for awhile, it's been 16 months since bc don't know where the time has gone.
i think I have turned a corner with the emotions been good for a while, still having laser and don't seem to have as much pain as I did. Hope you are all doing well one way or another and that you give a fantastic 
xmas and 2018 is better for all of us

Comments

• Cowgirl1
     <3 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there @Cowgirl1 we must of been diagnosed around the same time. I was 43 last year in may when I was diagnosed. I’m like you and have turned the corner emotionally. Except for the ongoing long frustrating wait for my reconstruction which is still at least 2 years away. I’m from SA originally near Balaklava so not that far from you from memory ?.?? Anyway good to hear you are on the other side of this shitty thing. Merry Xmas to you too love. And absolutely here’s to a great 2018. Margie x 
  • Cowgirl1
    Thanks Margie balaklava yep not far from me doesn't seem to be many sa on hear ?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Fantastic cowgirl. It does take a while to pick up your life again and have less fear. So glad you have. Have a wonderful Xmas. 
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi Cowgirl, I live on the Yorke Peninsula at North Beach, Cockatoo Valley is a lovely part of the world,and yes there are not that many of us from SA, which is good!! glad to hear you are going okay and yes I agree where does the time go I am looking at my 5 year mark next year, I am enjoying the lovely cool weather we are having at the moment hope you are too,

wendy55 
  • Ejla
    Ejla Member Posts: 3
    Hello all from SA, I also live on the Yorke Peninsula at Wallaroo, g'day wendy55.  I have only just finished my radiotherapy last Thursday and basically not have any problems - I was blaming the weather, but perhaps it wasn't caused by that.  The biggest problem is the dull headache - has anyone else experience this?
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi Ejla, well thats a coincidence, first time I have "met" anyone from anywhere near I live, have you been to the local support groups coffee afternoon, I didnt go last time, had to go to Adelaide for a dental appointment, have you made contact with our local McGrath nurse,sue? I did not have to have radiotherapy as my diagnosis was Metastatic, chemo first and now oral chemo,
    wendy55
  • Ejla
    Ejla Member Posts: 3
    Hello Wendy55 - at this stage I have not been able to get to any support afternoons, I was speaking to Sue today and she informed me that the next one is not until Feb 2018. Hope we get to meet soon  :)
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hey @Cowgirl1, good to see you back and doing well!! Doesn't the time fly. Wishing you an awesome Christmas and 2018. Xx   <3
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Hi all I’m from the Adelaide Hills nice to know there is some South Aussies on the blog 
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Hi Cowgirl1 I am from SA as well in Angle Vale  so not far from you  not been to any social events only a look good feel better workshop  it's nice to hear from people in the same area  have a good Christmas 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    There is also a chatroom on facebook called Adelaide Breast Cancer Friendship Group Chat Room which many of us all over Australia read.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Hi SA ladies just letting you know if you are not aware YWCA runs a free 8 week x 2 hour hydrotherapy course called Encore - I have been doing it and is worthwhile - sadly southern course looking for a venue as FMC shutting down hydrotherapy pool but Hampstead course may interest some . Also thanks @Brenda5 for the FB site.
  • Cowgirl1
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Brenda will have a look at that, and nice to hear from some crow eaters lol
    I dint know about anyone else in the northern areas but I find it bloody hard for anything everything is the other side of town im an hr from town so it's a pack lunch trip to go to anything, every frustrating
  • Lisa50
    Lisa50 Member Posts: 28
    Hi Cowgirl! I'm from Sandy Creek SA, so we are neighbors! :smiley:
    I have been having all my appointments & treatment at LMHS which has been great. About a 40 min drive. 
    Hope you are doing ok. I'm getting there! Still pretty crappy tho hey?
    Well wishing you and all my fellow SA BC 'sisters' a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS & may 2018 be awesome :smiley:
    XXX <3