Story on channel 10 news regarding wait time in Qld for recon surgery

onemargie
onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
Hi there everyone so I had my 5 seconds of fame last night on the 5pm channel 10 Brisbane news about wait times for recon in qld. I was really nervous how it would go but the story was great and presented really well and a big thank you for penny from BCNA for asking me to be a part of it and to the gorgeous Pippa Sheehan for interviewing me

Please take a look if you are interested it starts about 10 minutes into the news broadcast. Margie. 

Check out Queensland News on #tenplay https://tenplay.com.au:443/news/brisbane

i would love to hear your feedback especially from the qld bc survivors on the wait list like me. Let’s hope someone sits up and takes notice of it. Xx 

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    C'mon Margie! 
  • Mrs_H
    Mrs_H Member Posts: 102
    I couldn’t see the story but as a fellow Queenslander, I hope this gets done traction. Good on ya!! 
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Good on ya Margie! 
    The story is at 18:00 
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @onemargie, you go girl. It really is disgusting women have to wait so long. I have not even been given the opportunity for discussion or to get on the waiting list. I don't see my surgeon again until March next year.
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    I asked about the plastic surgeon and was told I can ask my GP for a referral. I've not yet done it though.
    My follow up appointment is in May - I gather it is 12 months post surgery. 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hi @onemargie,

The waiting times are a huge issue, well done in getting the message out there!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Thanks for all your support ladies. I’ll keep you posted if anything comes of it. Xx