Todays the day

Salpal
Salpal Member Posts: 43
Today l have my lumpectomy and node removal surgery.
So many mixed emotions... relief/fear/unsure/emotional. 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Best wishes. Better to lose those bits In the long run, but so much better when it's over! 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Thinking of you. You will feel relieved to have that cancer out of your body. Deep breath. You got this girl. Kath x
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Thinking of you. It will be over before you know it. Take care x
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @Salpal
    All the best for today.  We know how you are feeling and will look forward to hearing that you are over the surgery and ready to kick butt.
    Summer   :)
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Good luck. Marg xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Take care as you are on the road to improvement!  Wishing you a speedy recovery
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Long day for you. Rest well and recover quickly. <3
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @Salpal
    it will be over soon and then you can focus on healing and what is next to get this bitch out of your system.. 
    Breathe and know we get it 
    hugs 
    Soldier Crab
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    I hope by the time you read this your surgery is done and you are receiving well @Salpal
    Take care and make sure you don’t put up with being in pain. You are now one step closer to being cancer free.  Sending a gentle hug, Jane xx
  • Rachwllms
    Rachwllms Member Posts: 22
    Good luck with your surgery xx

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good pain management. Such a relief to wake up with the surgery done and the nasties gone!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Well @Salpal, you should be on the mend now. Be gentle with yourself because now is when it really hits home (cause you have time to breathe and think things over). Don't try and be a superwoman because it's okay to grieve. Your mind and body have been through hell, so rest, and relax and don't set yourself deadlines. Take your time and give yourself that chance to heal. You can go back to being a superwoman later. Gentle hug to you lovely. Xx Cath
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Thinking of you @Salpal and remembering when had the same done earlier this year.One thing I remember is how safe I felt as all staff went out of their way to make me feel so from admin to orderlies to medical personnel and am hoping you have had the same experience.xo 
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Hope all went well. Cancer is out of your body now so relax and breath and focus on the recovery xx
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    Thanks all. Surgery went well but ended up as overnight stay as opiates and l dont do well but l needed for pain So they decided to keep me for observation.
    Removed a 7cm lump with healthy tissue included and 4 nodes (1 with a growth)
    Pathology should be done by my f/up appt next week. Home resting and a bit doped up.