Tinnitus on Tamoxifen

Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
I was lucky during chemo that Tinnitus was not one of my side effects but now I am on Tamoxifen 18 months and am 55 years old I am one of the lucky 0.46% who has Tinnitus. During the day I can usually cope with it but sleeping is another thing. The FDA recently did a survey which was published this month. 
https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/tamoxifen-citrate/tinnitus/

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    edited November 2017
    That's interesting, thanks Brenda.  I've been on Tamoxifen for about 2 years now and have developed Tinnitus over the past few months. I've been trying to work out why!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    I never connected the tinnitus to Tamoxifen. It’s probably under reported. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I saw my oncologist the other day and reported the Tinnitus. He asked what brand of Tamoxifen I was on and I said I had been on Novladex D but in the last almost 2 months I had been on the cheaper Sandoz. He suggested I go back to the Novladex and see if the Tinnitus lessens or goes away. Worth a shot I guess?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Can't possibly hurt! Certainly worth trying before anything more difficult. 
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    My tinnitus started after radiation. That was two years ago and it's been getting worse. I just thought it was one of those things but now I'm wondering if Arimidex also worsens it .?