Hello

Chantellep
Chantellep Member Posts: 34
How wonderful to find a Christian group on this site! I'm nor a typical joiner but am encouraged to find so many of you here. I've had breast cancer for twenty years and this is the first discussion of any type I've ever joined! I'm looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and experiences, and hopefully being able to contribute some useful things too. For now, here's my favourite go-to when breast cancer gets to me:
Habbakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not blossom, and there are no grapes on the vines; though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no harvest; though there are no sheep or cattle left in the paddocks; yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will find joy in God my Saviour. The sovereign Lord is my strength ... He enables me.
:)

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi @ChantelleP I love that verse
    thank you for sharing it .... 
    Wow you are 20 year survivor of Breast Cancer that is amazing :smile:
  • Chantellep
    Chantellep Member Posts: 34
    It has been -- still is -- a wild ride but gosh I've learned a lot -- am still learning -- about trusting God! :)
  • Alta
    Alta Member Posts: 1
    Hello ladies, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last July; a huge shock and very thankful for my medical team. One of my Radiation Therapists found out I am a Christian and was so excited as she too is a Christian! So was I, as it helped me to know that God had not left me and I was in good hands. I wasn't sure if it was the diagnosis or leaving my class that was more difficult to comprehend, however my students are praying for my return next year. I have only now joined online as I'm a private person, even though a primary teacher.... I'll probably do more reading and listening for now but thank you all for being here and sharing a part of your experiences and journey. God bless you all.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Hi @Alta I was diagnosed in January. I'm mum of a 5yo and 2yo. I'm also a Christian and a primary teacher, although I was doing TRT before diagnosis, which I have temporarily given up for treatment and recovery. I mostly taught in the one small Catholic school, so I miss the kids too. Sometimes I'll see one of them out and about and get teary about how much they've grown whilst I've been away. It's nice to know they're praying for me and wanting me to come back when I'm feeling better. In real life I'm very shy and private too, but I have found courage to post here,  on the main forum, in relative anonimity, and have been responded to with kindness and compassion. My faith has helped me through and, although I don't know why, I know this is all part of God's glorious plan for me. I have certainly changed in ways I never would have imagined. I'm still not sure what to make of it all and I'm finding my feet slowly. All the best and God bless.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

God says we are more than enough.... and His love for us is more than enough.