Chemo is all done!

MKitty68
MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
edited October 2017 in General discussion
Yesterday I had my last dose of chemo! I have been feeling so excited knowing it's over, now to just get through the last lot of side effects from this infusion. the side effects are pretty full on for a few days between days 3-6 but i'm prepared for that anyway, I just work with the side effects & take each day as it comes. 
I did dose dense of AC x 4, then dose dense of Paclitaxel x 4. I handled both really well, ended up not needing the injection o boost my blood levels, I just altered my diet to be rich in the foods i needed. I have constant neuropathy though which is annoying as well as sleeplessness & lethargy. 
I had my radiation planning appointment on Tuesday, got all measured & marked up ready to start on 7th November, until 11th December - then 4 weeks later I start on Letrazole - i need to have a DEXA scan & blood tests to check my hormone levels, making sure my ovaries are no longer active. i wen through natural menopause 10 years ago & was on HRT for around 9 years, coming off when I got my bc diagnosis. 
I am so looking forward to my hair growing back! I really do miss having my long hair. 
Reading the info my oncologist gave me about the Lertazole, it says it can thin hair... i hope not too badly, i'm sick of being bald. 

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Yay well done lovey so happy for you. Perhaps you can ask Santa to bring you some hair too! Best of luck with the rads. I did a post this morning with my hair in pigtails and i finished chemo in October last year I was so excited. I didn’t take the meds you mentioned as I was triple neg but I’m sure others will be able to let you know their thoughts. Margie xx
  • MKitty68
    Thanks Margie, mine is ER+ & PR+ 
    I have my parents coming from Melbourne to visit 20th December - 30th December, i am really looking forward to spending a few days with them. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Congratulations. The marathon is done.

• LMW
    LMW Member Posts: 32
    Awwww that’s fantastic!!!!! I am also nearly finished my chemo. Monday will be my last and I can relate to your excitement ☺️☺️☺️
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats! Such a huge milestone in the treatment schedule.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Congratulations mkitty. It's a good feeling to finish with the poison. Good luck with rads.
  • stedden
    stedden Member Posts: 6
    Congratts!
  • MKitty68
    Thank you 
  • stedden
    Has any one done scalp cooling chemo? Does it really keep hairs?
  • MKitty68
    I was told that no, it makes no difference in the end
  • stedden
    Really?!!My nurse told me that it is a big help to hairs, though I am not sure I could tolerate ice on my head. I am going to start chemo next week.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @sharontedden If you use the Search bar in this forum and put in ice caps or cooling caps you will be able to read previous posts and experiences on this topic

The Search bar is in line with the word Home about 2/3rds across the page
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
    httpsipinimgcomoriginalsa3f5eda3f5ed4e50c965fd2d2ebc37c6f34b45jpg
    Wooooohooooo!!! You go @MKitty68 !!! Congratulations. Big hug lovely. Xx Cath
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Congratulations and what a milestone! Good luck with your new (and probably curly, at least for a while) hair.
  • MKitty68
    Thanks Cath, thanks Fiona. 
    Oh I cannot wait for my hair to grow! Although I'd prefer my straight hair back, at this point I don't even care if it's curly! LOL