Fundraiser for be Uplifted Brisbane North Side

onemargie
onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
edited October 2017 in Community news and events
hi everyone. So I’m doing my very first breast cancer fundraiser. It will be held on Tuesday October 31st at our local beachmere bakery at 9.30 am. its $20 a ticket and you get a boobie cupcake a mini quiche and a coffee and support a worthwhile cause at the same time.  I have chosen a local breast cancer support group called Be Uplifted as they offer awesome support it’s just such a shame I hadn’t heard about them last year when I was having treatment. But anyway Wendy the founder is absolutely beautiful and I am honoured to support this very worthwhile organisation as they don’t get the exposure like a lot of the other charities so I’m hoping to give it a boost if I can. I am doing it with another friend who is a bc survivor too so if you are able to come along and say hi that would be great to meet you! I understand money is very tight when having treatment so I also have a few raffles for $1 a ticket or 3 for $5 or 7 for $10 and a donation bucket for any change. Or just come along and say hi ❤️

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Hey @onemargie, I hope your fundraiser is a success and lots of money raised.
  • onemargie
    Me too I’m going to need all the help I can get !, if anyone would like to donate I know that’s not on anyone’s agenda on here as money is tight but even a gold coin please just PM me. I’ll keep you all updated on how I go. I love this charity as they are about people and families.  Margie xxx
  • onemargie
    Would love to promote the men with bc also if anyone wants to PM me with my info or details. Xx 
  • onemargie
  • onemargie
    These are my raffle prizes so far and i still have something coming from Maggie beer and superchaep auto hopefully. I have good prizes in the baskets from lots of local businesses including 4 free car services so I’ve been lucky with people’s generosity. What do you guys think ...???? Margie x
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    They look pretty good to me.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    I'd be happy to win one of these! Would definitely buy tickets.
  • onemargie
    Thanks so much I appreciate the feedback xx 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Onya @onemargie Looks like you are on your way to a successful event!  Wishing you all the best for the event!

• wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi Margie,
    check your post end of week!!!
    wendy55 x

• ShazS
    ShazS Member Posts: 131
    Good on you Margie that's a wonderful thing you are doing I hope you all get a great outcome. Would love to help out how can I buy some tickets Shazx
  • onemargie
    Hi there Id love you all to buy tickets but logistically unless you live local near me it will cost a fortune to post my awesome baskets lol!! but if anyone would like to make a donation please just PM me and ill let you know the details and I can send you a receipt too if needed. But I know how tough it is financiallly during treatment so dont expect any of you guys to make donations but if you live nearby would love for you to come and say hi Margie. xx 
  • onemargie
  • ShazS
    ShazS Member Posts: 131
    That's awesome Margie and the other lovely ladies very caring of you . Shazx