Mickey

2»

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Hi Mickey ..... I was starting to be a bit concerned when you hadn't been on line for a while.

I am so pleased that things are working out for you.  I think that both of you going to counselling is a step in the right direction.  Talking to an impartial stranger can open the gates of emotion and help you realise what you both came so close to losing ..... each other!

This bloody cancer plays havoc with your brain as well as your body ... not just yours but families and friends too, and everyone reacts in a different manner.  Stay positive with this, keep open minds and don't dwell in the past.  Talk openly in counselling without recriminations .... no playing the "blame game" ..... and you will both come through this.

Will be thinking of you both ....

Cheers ... Shirl

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Hi Mickey ..... I was starting to be a bit concerned when you hadn't been on line for a while.

I am so pleased that things are working out for you.  I think that both of you going to counselling is a step in the right direction.  Talking to an impartial stranger can open the gates of emotion and help you realise what you both came so close to losing ..... each other!

This bloody cancer plays havoc with your brain as well as your body ... not just yours but families and friends too, and everyone reacts in a different manner.  Stay positive with this, keep open minds and don't dwell in the past.  Talk openly in counselling without recriminations .... no playing the "blame game" ..... and you will both come through this.

Will be thinking of you both ....

Cheers ... Shirl

• Mickey
    Mickey Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015

Hello Shirl and Leonie, although I hav had only a minute contact with you both, your words have been very encouraging and supportive. Thank you both and I will keep in touch with updates.  Regards Mickey