Pretty in Pink Trivia Night - Gold Coast 21/10

Hello, some information for our Gold Coast ladies :)
The Shell Family Inc is running their annual trivia night on the Gold Coast on Saturday 21 October.   The Shell Family is a not for profit organisation which assists individuals and families affected by breast cancer by providing household/domestic support.
It is being held at the Burleigh Masonic Centre at 6.30pm.   $25 per ticket which includes food and nibbles.
More details on their Facebook page or feel free to send me a message.
Trivia nights are always a lot of fun and this is such a worthwhile cause.  Hope to meet some of you there!  Jane  

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Golly that brings back memories. When my dear friend Ros was sick with mets she ran a trivia night somewhere in Brisbane which we attended.  I'm from Melbourne and that is where Ros was from originally - Think Pink 2006 - Ros lost her battle but she fought damned hard and raised good funds for cancer research!

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    What a great photo Iserbrown!!  Sorry your friend lost her battle but it's so heartwarming to see such support :)  x
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    My word - it was one of the FM radio station DJs that became a good friend (can't remember his name now) and always Emcee the night for her!  She was a trojan.  Unfortunately it started out that she had a sore leg and was going to physio and he insisted on a scan which showed bone cancer as her secondary and then they had to look for the primary, eventually found to be breast and the decay had already set in....the Radio DJ is in the photo below