Birthday

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
Well it has been one of those days!  A special day where I changed decades.  Pottered about; found myself being asked if I was a concession card holder.................not impressed!  Just because I'm having a birthday does that make me pension age?
Tagged:

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354

It's grim, isn't it?  I got sent a copy of the What's On from Seniors Week - apart from the free travel for a week ( and I am way past the threshold!) there wasn't a single thing I was remotely interested in. Assumes you are retired, deeply conservative, and with a low boredom threshold!!

I am trying to work out a snappy response that isn't too rude. Yes, I am over 70 but not out to pasture yet. Yes, I do have a concession card, is the concession worth having?

Oh well, have a happy changing decade day in spite of the irritations!!

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Is it your birthday Christine??
  • iserbrown
    Yes and I figured I must've dropped off the calendar
  • melclarity

Oh No!!! The biggest of Happy Birthdays to you!! I hope you had a most wonderful day with the people that are dear to you. xo Melinda
  • iserbrown
    Thanks - I probably sounded needy however I think when you go through this roller coaster you tend to treasure each birthday or cuppa with a friend or whatever!  It's all about the heightened awareness we have and until we get through and are convinced there will be no recurrence the tendency is to treasure each milestone and not put up with crap! 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Happy birthday
  • melclarity
    I totally agree, you absolutely treasure each one..its humbling I find. :) xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Which Decade Christine?
    Enjoy and celebrate. X

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Happy birthday.you're only as old  as you feel.
  • iserbrown

primek said:

Which Decade Christine?

Oh it's a struggle to even say it!  I have cards that I won't put up as they have the number on it!!  I have hit 60!  I remember when my Mum turned 60. She died 12 days short of 70, lung and bladder cancer.  I remember when my mother-in-law turned 60. She died, aged 66 cancer had spread to the liver!  Same year we lost Debbie, aged 55.........Not that I am planning on following their lead but ................ at my age having a bleed still is quite disconcerting...............due for review again shortly, bleed is consequence of Zoladex treatment!
    Tomorrow I will be 60 and one day so I have to suck it up and move on, at least I am here to moan about it!

I'm hoping the fatigue will start to lift and I can get back into who I once was!

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Yep....celebrate that milestone and I look forward to you celbrating on here your next decade birthday too. I presently hate the saying your only as young as you feel  as I presently feel 2 decades older physically but hope this too shall pass. (Couple of sooks about it again today)
  • iserbrown
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hope you have had a special day on your special day. A very Happy Birthday !
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Happy Birthday @iserbrown. All the best people are born today!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Ange xxx
  • iserbrown
    @socoda thanks for putting up a birthday wish!   Yesterday as you can see through this post I was feeling pretty down.  I shouldn't be as it is an achievement to reach and go beyond each birthday but we all have baggage that gets in the way sometimes! 
    Thanks for being so thoughtful in maintaining and acknowledging birthdays!  Take care, sending you a virtual hug and have a lovely day today xx