Morning devotional

BarbieAnne
BarbieAnne Member Posts: 174
edited November 2017 in Social Groups
My devotional this morning reminded me that God us our Alpha and Omega. He is with us always, in a world of constant change, this includes our own bodies. He is the same yesterday and today and forever. Because He never changes, he is our rock-solid foundation. He never leaves our side, even when we move from this world into the next.

Comments

• au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Amen @BarbieAnne

This morning I was as usual going about my day. I went upstairs to get a t-shirt as I was preparing to workout on my Nordic Track. Then I felt in my spirit that God wanted me to spend time with Him instead. I went downstairs and then upstairs back to my room. I told God if He has called me to spend that time with Him then I would obey as I really did not want to be going rounds in the desert and I know it's the best thing ever. How amazing it really was. I just felt so touched as I sang songs and cried out how much I need Him every moment of my life. Life is so busy every single day. It's full on each day. But how much more important to spend that quality time before Him as Mary did. I have been Martha for long enough.

Sharing what I read today : Psalm 146. Let us put our hope and trust on God. Everything else is sinking sand.

Praise the Lord.[a]

Praise the Lord, my soul.

2 I will praise the Lord all my life;
        I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
    3 Do not put your trust in princes,
        in human beings, who cannot save.
    4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
        on that very day their plans come to nothing.
    5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
        whose hope is in the Lord their God.

• BarbieAnne
    @auOrei, it is so true that we need to put our trust in God. I remember an experience many years ago, I made the statement that the only people I could always rely on, were my father, mother and husband  (at the time ). Within a twelve month period my father had died, my mother was in deep depression and my husband decided he "didn't know" how he felt about me - end of a 25 year marriage.
    I was clearly shown that God is the only constant in my life. 

It is good that you are listening to His urging. Your experience yesterday gives me motivation to spend more time and to listen to Him more often!

PS Good outcome to my above story is that God gave me a new husband who loves Him.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Uplifting song I heard today. https://youtu.be/DjNZf878ISQ
  • BarbieAnne
    Brenda5, love the dance interpretation. You are right, this is so uplifting. Thank you for reminding me thatvwe are not alone.
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Hey sisters, hope all of you are well. I have been learning so so much about Abba Father and really strengthened in my relationship with Him in recent months. I want to share that when God says to surrender ourselves and carry the cross, He did not mean for us to suffer sicknesses and grit our teeth through our suffering. Sicknesses are not from God. Yes He has seen the end from the beginning and He saw what was coming to us even before we knew it but it's not God who gave us our sicknesses to humble us or glorify Him. Through it we do learn much and God can always turn something bad into something for good. But healing has already been done on the cross when Jesus died for not just our sins but also for our physical suffering including sicknesses. God has given us all the authority over the evil one who is now defanged and has no more power except to lie to us. He's the father of lies. Know that our healing has already been given to us 2000 years ago and we shall claim it to manifest physically as we believe God. God is spirit and we worship Him in spirit and in truth. We need to see with our spiritual eyes beyond our physical senses that it is already finished as Jesus said it on the cross. Let God be true and every feeling and circumstances liars. God bless you. xx
  • Chantellep
    Chantellep Member Posts: 34
    Hello web friends
    Thank you to soldiercrab, mollie001 and alta for following me up. I've been MIA!  First some holidays, which were fab, then a short-term contract to keep my brain working, but gosh it all makes for a busy time. I haven't done anything on computer but essential emails for several months. But finally I'm back, hopefully more regularly. (Until Christmas swamps me, at least...) I've loved reading through your comments to 'catch up' -- seeing God at work in your lives is a real privilege!

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi Chantellep 
    so glad you have had some holiday to recoup and regroup yourself....
    it is good to have a bit of work to keep our brain working. 
    God is at work in all our lives even when we don't recognize it or forget about it. 

This is from a page about prayers

Lord thank you for watching over us.
    Psalm 121:5 The Lord is our keeper; The Lord is our shade on your right hand.
    Psalm 121:6 The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
    Psalm 121:7 The Lord will protect us from all evil;  He will keep our soul.
    Psalm 121:8 The Lord will guard your going out and coming in  from this time forth and forever.

Lord your  precious love and peace covers us.
    Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension,
    shall guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus.
    2 John 1:3 Grace, mercy and peace will be on us, from God the Father   and from Jesus Christ,
    the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Lord your light guides our steps.
    Psalm 119:133 Establish our footsteps in Thy word,  and do not let any iniquity have dominion over us.
    Psalm 25:4 Make us know Thy ways, O Lord.
    Psalm 25:5 Lead us in Thy truth and teach us.  For Thou art the God of our salvation; for Thee we wait all the day.

Lord thank you for keeping an eyes on us.
    Psalm 146:8 The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; The Lord raises up those who are bowed down; The Lord loves the righteous.
    Luke 11:33 No one, after lighting a lamp, puts it away in a cellar,  nor under a basket,
    But on the lamp stand, in order that those who enter may see the light.
    Luke 11:34 The lamp of our body is our eyes; when our eyes is clear our whole body also is clear,
    but when it is bad, our body also is full of darkness.
    Like 11:35 Then watch out that the light in us may not  be darkness.
    Luke 11:36 If therefore our whole body in full of light, with no dark part in it,
    it shall be totally illumined, as when the lamp with its rays give us light.

Heavenly Father each day is better when we let your light shine bright for all to see.
    Thank you for having Jesus your Son “Watching over us” in truth and in love.

Humbly I pray this in the name of Jesus, amen.

• BarbieAnne
    Hello SoldierCrab,
    One that touched me this morning was Psalm 73:23-26
    Yet I am always with you; you hold my right hand.
    You guide me with your counsel, and afterwards you will take me into glory.
    Whom have I in heaven but you? 
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.