Newly Diagnosed

shann
shann Member Posts: 68
edited February 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Hi I am Shann and newly diagnosed on the 6th September and waiting for results from a core biopsy.
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Hi Shann - hopefully your results will be known soon and then you will know where, when and what and lots in between.  Ask away and we are here to help the best we can.  Take care
  • shann
    Thank you iserbrown.

• Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Hi Shann welcome to the forum, hope you get good results and if not then take each day as it comes and be guided by your GP, oncologist and or breast care nurse. We on this forum are at various stages of this cancer journey and everyone is friendly and has helpful advice.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Hi @Shann Welcome to you, it's super daunting at the stage you are at and incredibly overwhelming, wishing you good results and know that those results are only an estimate, as a lumpectomy will only give you definitive results and pathology. It's so hard waiting, but each step you will be closer to knowing and a plan in place if one is needed, so hang in there! There's loads of support here and experience to help you when you need. Hugs Melinda xo
  • Barney74
    Barney74 Member Posts: 89
    Hi @Shann sorry to hear, This group is amazing x 
  • shann
    That's great to hear just a little unsure at the moment.
  • Barney74
    Of course its mind blowing until you get your dignosis ,surgery and when treatment starts .
    Im judt waiting to start my treatmeant.
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Hi @shann and welcome. I pray that your results are all good and that your stay here is a short one. If not then you have arrived at a great place with lots of support and knowledge. The waiting is the awful thing and time seems to go super slowly. Do you know when your results will be available at all? 
  • shann
    Hi @nonkyboy yes I am off to get them today.
  • Barney74
    Hope all good x
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Hi @shann, wishing you all the best for your results today.  Jane xx
  • shann
    Just came back from GP's and it's DCIS off to the surgeon next Thursday as I have no private health insurance so have to go public for everything.
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    @shann I'm sorry it's come back positive. You would be feeling very emotional right now. Many of us are going through the public system and I have no complaints about it. Once you see the surgeon he/she will send you for a whole lot of scans, X-rays and blood tests. These are all normal and a pre lim to surgery and treatment. You may find your surgery is very soon or it could be a couple of months away. Do t let this stress you. I was diagnosed over three months ago and only having surgery tomorrow. In fact I'm waiting at the nuclear medicine rooms as I write this waiting to have needles put into my nipple with the radioactive tracer so surgeon can find the sentianl node tomorrow. The waiting game is the most stressful and I hope you have a good support system around you xx Lesley 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @shann
    Welcome to this great site where you will always find a lady ready to help and guide you - night or day.
    You have not had good news and it was something you'd probably never even considered but as some ladies would say, "If you are going to get breast cancer, DCIS is the best sort to have".  
    You will get good treatment in the public system so don't let not having private cover worry you.  Be in touch with the local breast care nurse and get as much information as you can to ease your mind.  
    Take someone with you to the surgeon visit, take a list of questions and get your person to write the answers down for you.  Your mind will be in a tizz and you probably won't be thinking 100% clearly - and probably won't take it all in.
    We will be thinking of you.
    Hugs Summer  :-)
  • shann
    Hi Summer
    I don't really have anyone to take to the appointment with me, but will be fine after I see the surgeon I will then go and see the breast care nurses.  Had most of the other test like CT, Bone density and core biopsy last week.   No secondary anywhere that they can see unless microscopic.  Just have to wait now for the next plan of attack.